Managing Bookmarks to useful links in Ofbiz Admin application set.

Managing Bookmarks to useful links in Ofbiz Admin application set.

Anil Patel
Hi,
A thought on improving User Experience. Should we build a Tool that will
help user to create and Organize Bookmarks to Different Actions a user
performs. Like a we can add a Dashboard page on which user can keep their
shortcuts. The links can be pointing to anywhere in Ofbiz beck end admin
applications.

I think Cotent DataResouce entity is good place to store these links. I
don't know much about it so can't say anything about how much we already
have as far as giving option to user to be able to organize their bookmarks.

Other user full tool that goes with this requirements is be able to look at
the List of request entries in controller and then let user pick request of
their interest and add them to Bookmarks list. I am not sure how we can
differentiate between Bookmarkable and NON Bookmarkable request because we
do have request entries in controller that are part of chain and not really
made for direct call from links. Most of the request names are descriptive
but still we can use description attribute to add some more information so
users can easily find request of their interest.

Thanks for your Time.

Regards
Anil Patel