Manufacturer Support In Promotion Engine

Manufacturer Support In Promotion Engine

Rishi Solanki
Devs,
Currently promotion engine support all the discount based on party,
category, party role, party classification, shipping etc.. And promotion
engine based on the condition decide that the promotion will apply for
customer purchase over the cart or cart item depending upon the action.

I would like to propose to add support in promotion engine, so that , we
can add promotion against manufacturing party and should apply to all the
products manufactured by that party.

For example;
M1, M2 are two manufacturers.
M1P1 and M1P2 are products manufactured by M1.
M2P1 and M2P2 are products manufactured by M2.

Now M1 gives 10% discount on all products M1, and if customer purchase all
products with quantity ONE.

Assuming all items price is $100. Then CartTotal will be $400 and discount
amount will be $20. As discount is on M1 products only.

Best Regards,
--
*Rishi Solanki* | Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/rishi-solanki-62271b7/>
Direct: +91-9893287847

Re: Manufacturer Support In Promotion Engine

Arun Patidar-2
+1 for adding support for product manufacturer party in promotion.

Kind Regards
---

Arun Patidar

On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 6:32 PM Rishi Solanki <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Devs,
> Currently promotion engine support all the discount based on party,
> category, party role, party classification, shipping etc.. And promotion
> engine based on the condition decide that the promotion will apply for
> customer purchase over the cart or cart item depending upon the action.
>
> I would like to propose to add support in promotion engine, so that , we
> can add promotion against manufacturing party and should apply to all the
> products manufactured by that party.
>
> For example;
> M1, M2 are two manufacturers.
> M1P1 and M1P2 are products manufactured by M1.
> M2P1 and M2P2 are products manufactured by M2.
>
> Now M1 gives 10% discount on all products M1, and if customer purchase all
> products with quantity ONE.
>
> Assuming all items price is $100. Then CartTotal will be $400 and discount
> amount will be $20. As discount is on M1 products only.
>
> Best Regards,
> --
> *Rishi Solanki* | Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
> Plot no. 80, Scheme no. 78 Part 2, Near Brilliant Convention Center,
> Indore,
> M.P 452010
> Linkedin: *Rishi Solanki*
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rishi-solanki-62271b7/>
> Direct: +91-9893287847

Re: Manufacturer Support In Promotion Engine

Swapnil M Mane
Hi Rishi,
This seems good addition to me in promotion engine, +1.

- Best Regards,
Swapnil M Mane,
ofbiz.apache.org

wrote:

> Devs,
> Currently promotion engine support all the discount based on party,
> category, party role, party classification, shipping etc.. And promotion
> engine based on the condition decide that the promotion will apply for
> customer purchase over the cart or cart item depending upon the action.
>
> I would like to propose to add support in promotion engine, so that , we
> can add promotion against manufacturing party and should apply to all the
> products manufactured by that party.
>
> For example;
> M1, M2 are two manufacturers.
> M1P1 and M1P2 are products manufactured by M1.
> M2P1 and M2P2 are products manufactured by M2.
>
> Now M1 gives 10% discount on all products M1, and if customer purchase all
> products with quantity ONE.
>
> Assuming all items price is $100. Then CartTotal will be $400 and discount
> amount will be $20. As discount is on M1 products only.
>
> Best Regards,
> --
> *Rishi Solanki* | Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
> Plot no. 80, Scheme no. 78 Part 2, Near Brilliant Convention Center,
> Indore,
> M.P 452010
> Linkedin: *Rishi Solanki*
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rishi-solanki-62271b7/>
> Direct: +91-9893287847

Re: Manufacturer Support In Promotion Engine

swapnil
It should be nice add. However i would have more more liked to have it
supported in the form of Price Rule as well (if it isn't already). Many a
times the mark down or mark up by manufacturers are not necessarily meant
to be propogated as adjustment on top of the existing price to the end
customer. Instead it should be directly billed at the revised prices from
the manufacturer.

Thanks,
Swapnil

wrote:

> Devs,
> Currently promotion engine support all the discount based on party,
> category, party role, party classification, shipping etc.. And promotion
> engine based on the condition decide that the promotion will apply for
> customer purchase over the cart or cart item depending upon the action.
>
> I would like to propose to add support in promotion engine, so that , we
> can add promotion against manufacturing party and should apply to all the
> products manufactured by that party.
>
> For example;
> M1, M2 are two manufacturers.
> M1P1 and M1P2 are products manufactured by M1.
> M2P1 and M2P2 are products manufactured by M2.
>
> Now M1 gives 10% discount on all products M1, and if customer purchase all
> products with quantity ONE.
>
> Assuming all items price is $100. Then CartTotal will be $400 and discount
> amount will be $20. As discount is on M1 products only.
>
> Best Regards,
> --
> *Rishi Solanki* | Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
> Plot no. 80, Scheme no. 78 Part 2, Near Brilliant Convention Center,
> Indore,
> M.P 452010
> Linkedin: *Rishi Solanki*
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rishi-solanki-62271b7/>
> Direct: +91-9893287847

Re: Manufacturer Support In Promotion Engine

Pierre Smits-3
I would consider to talk about supplier promotions, because it can also
involve wholesale suppliers.

I am inclined to agree with the latest posting by Swapnil.

Whether a supplier promotion is passed to customers is a commercial (
decision, and may be subject to the agreement between the internal party
and the supplier. But they are always intended to drive sales (from the
supplier to the customer, meaning purchases from the internal party to the
supplier).

When the supplier promotion involves an internal runner (a product that
sells well), then the supplier promotion is often not passed down to the
customer.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)
since 2008*

On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 2:43 PM Swapnil Shah <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> It should be nice add. However i would have more more liked to have it
> supported in the form of Price Rule as well (if it isn't already). Many a
> times the mark down or mark up by manufacturers are not necessarily meant
> to be propogated as adjustment on top of the existing price to the end
> customer. Instead it should be directly billed at the revised prices from
> the manufacturer.
>
> Thanks,
> Swapnil
>
> On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 6:32 PM Rishi Solanki <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Devs,
> > Currently promotion engine support all the discount based on party,
> > category, party role, party classification, shipping etc.. And promotion
> > engine based on the condition decide that the promotion will apply for
> > customer purchase over the cart or cart item depending upon the action.
> >
> > I would like to propose to add support in promotion engine, so that , we
> > can add promotion against manufacturing party and should apply to all the
> > products manufactured by that party.
> >
> > For example;
> > M1, M2 are two manufacturers.
> > M1P1 and M1P2 are products manufactured by M1.
> > M2P1 and M2P2 are products manufactured by M2.
> >
> > Now M1 gives 10% discount on all products M1, and if customer purchase
> all
> > products with quantity ONE.
> >
> > Assuming all items price is $100. Then CartTotal will be $400 and
> discount
> > amount will be $20. As discount is on M1 products only.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > --
> > *Rishi Solanki* | Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> > HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
> > Plot no. 80, Scheme no. 78 Part 2, Near Brilliant Convention Center,
> > Indore,
> > M.P 452010
> > Linkedin: *Rishi Solanki*
> > <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rishi-solanki-62271b7/>
> > Direct: +91-9893287847

Re: Manufacturer Support In Promotion Engine

Rishi Solanki
Swapnil/Pierre,
Thanks for your inputs. We can go with both promotion and price rules. I
mean we can add support at both level, and depending upon the business
requirement users can decide the solutions to go with.

In case no one objects then will file Jira for this new feature enhancement
and propose design for it.

Best Regards,
--

On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 6:57 PM Pierre Smits <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > > M2P1 and M2P2 are products manufactured by M2.
> > >
> > > Now M1 gives 10% discount on all products M1, and if customer purchase
> > all
> > > products with quantity ONE.
> > >
> > > Assuming all items price is $100. Then CartTotal will be $400 and
> > discount
> > > amount will be $20. As discount is on M1 products only.
> > >
> > > Best Regards,
> > > --
> > > *Rishi Solanki* | Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> > > HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
> > > Plot no. 80, Scheme no. 78 Part 2, Near Brilliant Convention Center,
> > > Indore,
> > > M.P 452010
> > > Linkedin: *Rishi Solanki*
> > > <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rishi-solanki-62271b7/>
> > > Direct: +91-9893287847

Re: Manufacturer Support In Promotion Engine

Devanshu Vyas-2
+1 for adding the support.

Thanks & Regards,
Devanshu Vyas.

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 7:14 PM Rishi Solanki <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> > > supported in the form of Price Rule as well (if it isn't already).
> Many a
> > > times the mark down or mark up by manufacturers are not necessarily
> meant
> > > to be propogated as adjustment on top of the existing price to the end
> > > customer. Instead it should be directly billed at the revised prices
> from
> > > the manufacturer.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Swapnil

> > promotion
> for
> action.

> > we
> > the

> purchase
> > > all

> > > discount

Re: Manufacturer Support In Promotion Engine

I can't see a problem with optional promotions

Jacques

Le 29/04/2019 à 15:44, Rishi Solanki a écrit :

> Swapnil/Pierre,
> Thanks for your inputs. We can go with both promotion and price rules. I
> mean we can add support at both level, and depending upon the business
> requirement users can decide the solutions to go with.
>
> In case no one objects then will file Jira for this new feature enhancement
> and propose design for it.
>
> Best Regards,
> --
> *Rishi Solanki* | Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
> Plot no. 80, Scheme no. 78 Part 2, Near Brilliant Convention Center, Indore,
> M.P 452010
> Linkedin: *Rishi Solanki*
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rishi-solanki-62271b7/>
> Direct: +91-9893287847
>

> On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 6:57 PM Pierre Smits <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I would consider to talk about supplier promotions, because it can also
>> involve wholesale suppliers.
>>
>> I am inclined to agree with the latest posting by Swapnil.
>>
>> Whether a supplier promotion is passed to customers is a commercial (
>> decision, and may be subject to the agreement between the internal party
>> and the supplier. But they are always intended to drive sales (from the
>> supplier to the customer, meaning purchases from the internal party to the
>> supplier).
>>
>> When the supplier promotion involves an internal runner (a product that
>> sells well), then the supplier promotion is often not passed down to the
>> customer.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Pierre Smits
>>
>> *Apache Trafodion <https://trafodion.apache.org>, Vice President*
>> *Apache Directory <https://directory.apache.org>, PMC Member*
>> Apache Incubator <https://incubator.apache.org>, committer
>> *Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)
>> since 2008*
>> Apache Steve <https://steve.apache.org>, committer
>>

>> On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 2:43 PM Swapnil Shah <
>> [hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It should be nice add. However i would have more more liked to have it
>>> supported in the form of Price Rule as well (if it isn't already). Many a
>>> times the mark down or mark up by manufacturers are not necessarily meant
>>> to be propogated as adjustment on top of the existing price to the end
>>> customer. Instead it should be directly billed at the revised prices from
>>> the manufacturer.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Swapnil

>> promotion

>> we
>> the

>>> all

>>> discount

Re: Manufacturer Support In Promotion Engine

Rishi Solanki
Thank you all for your help and suggestions, below is the Jira ticket for
the same;
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-11002

Best Regards

*--*
*Rishi Solanki* | Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
Plot no. 80, Scheme no. 78 Part 2, Near Brilliant Convention Center, Indore,
M.P 452010
Linkedin: *Rishi Solanki*
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/rishi-solanki-62271b7/>
Direct: +91-9893287847