Merchant banking costs - ofbiz accounts

Rees Watkins
Hi

My merchant banking costs are 4.75% if a web user pays by credit card.
Is there a way to get OFBiz accounts to record this cost to a banking cost ledger if a user pays by credit card?

Thank you
Rees

Re: Merchant banking costs - ofbiz accounts

David E Jones

You could certainly write something to do this, and possibly even
configure something to do it (haven't looked into that though...).

Usually you don't know exactly what your gateway and bank fees will be
because contracts can get complicated and such. The more common
practice I've seen is to take care of this in reconciliation with your
bank account. At that point you know exactly how much was captured for
payments, and exactly how much you actually got credited to you
account and you can either figure out the difference or look at actual
transactions in your account to calculate the the bank fees (that
being the better approach because then you can also calculate the
difference in order to do a sanity check on it). Some of this
reconciliation functionality is definitely supported in OFBiz, but I
don't know how automated it is right now.

-David