Migrate all docbook files to asciidoc ?

holivier
Hi everyone,

I wanted to make progress on the OFBiz documentation, and thus continue the existing tasks, at first the one on the accounting component.

It's a bit painful to have to work between the old files in docbook and the new ones in asciidoc.
For me it would be simpler to migrate all the docbooks first, and then rework the result.

Does this process bother anyone ?

Olivier

Re: Migrate all docbook files to asciidoc ?

taher
It sounds like a good initiative to me. I would be careful about pure
converting without reviewing. Some of the documentation is quite outdated
and so maybe convert + review is a reasonable approach.

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020, 9:52 PM Olivier Heintz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I wanted to make progress on the OFBiz documentation, and thus continue
> the existing tasks, at first the one on the accounting component.
>
> It's a bit painful to have to work between the old files in docbook and
> the new ones in asciidoc.
> For me it would be simpler to migrate all the docbooks first, and then
> rework the result.
>
> Does this process bother anyone ?
>
> Olivier

Re: Migrate all docbook files to asciidoc ?

Swapnil M Mane
Thank you so much Olivier for this initiative, indeed the documentation is
a critical part for a successful open source project.
I am inclined with the Taher's input here.

- Best regards,
Swapnil M Mane,
ofbiz.apache.org

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 1:25 AM Taher Alkhateeb <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> It sounds like a good initiative to me. I would be careful about pure
> converting without reviewing. Some of the documentation is quite outdated
> and so maybe convert + review is a reasonable approach.
>
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2020, 9:52 PM Olivier Heintz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I wanted to make progress on the OFBiz documentation, and thus continue
> > the existing tasks, at first the one on the accounting component.
> >
> > It's a bit painful to have to work between the old files in docbook and
> > the new ones in asciidoc.
> > For me it would be simpler to migrate all the docbooks first, and then
> > rework the result.
> >
> > Does this process bother anyone ?
> >
> > Olivier

Re: Migrate all docbook files to asciidoc ?

Michael Brohl-3
+1

Thanks,

Michael

Am 29.01.20 um 05:55 schrieb Swapnil M Mane:

> Thank you so much Olivier for this initiative, indeed the documentation is
> a critical part for a successful open source project.
> I am inclined with the Taher's input here.
>

> - Best regards,
> Swapnil M Mane,
> ofbiz.apache.org
>

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 1:25 AM Taher Alkhateeb <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> It sounds like a good initiative to me. I would be careful about pure
>> converting without reviewing. Some of the documentation is quite outdated
>> and so maybe convert + review is a reasonable approach.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 28, 2020, 9:52 PM Olivier Heintz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I wanted to make progress on the OFBiz documentation, and thus continue
>>> the existing tasks, at first the one on the accounting component.
>>>
>>> It's a bit painful to have to work between the old files in docbook and
>>> the new ones in asciidoc.
>>> For me it would be simpler to migrate all the docbooks first, and then
>>> rework the result.
>>>
>>> Does this process bother anyone ?
>>>
>>> Olivier

Re: Migrate all docbook files to asciidoc ?

adityasharma
+1

Thanks Olivier for the initiative!

Thanks and Regards,