Minerva & Selenium

Andrew Zeneski-2
I have just opened up a new repository off the apache network for
development of a few extensions for OFBiz. The components I am
listing below are all freely available and open source, but probably
under multiple licenses (including LGPL, and X).

1. Minerva - The connection pool we use in OFBiz. This is old code in
which we were not able to obtain permission from the authors to sign
over to Apache. The binary libs are perfectly okay (as far as I know)
so the jar file is included in the ofbiz repository. Here is the
source code, for those who are interested, we (Hotwax) will continue
to maintain this code for as long as we are including it in OFBiz. As
always, contributes are welcome!

2. Selenium - The original patch provided by Andrew Sykes (JIRA
OFBIZ-680) spawned this new component. Due to the fact that Selenium
uses LGPL libraries we cannot include this in the distribution. So, I
made it very easy to use. Checkout this extension and drop it in your
hot-deploy directory, a new tab will appear to run selenium tests.
You can create new tests for your components by creating a selenium
directory within your component (see selenium/selenium for examples).

Each sub-directory under this is the name of a test suite, the tests
live inside the sub-directory. Using the selenium component as an
example:

selenium/selenium/sample - The test suite 'sample'
Inside here are the two sample tests.

When you visit the page: /selenium, you will get a list of all test
suites sorted by component. There is no configuration needed once
your tests are placed in the properly named locations. You can then
run the tests right inside an OFBiz window.

Let me know if you have any questions. As new extensions are created
we will add them here, if you have something you wish to contribute
but cannot be added to the trunk due to license restrictions let us
know, we may be able to include that in this repository.

As of right none, none of these extensions will follow any release
pattern; nor will they probably ever be officially released. In order
to use them, you will need to pull them down from SVN.

Note: the ofbiz-minerva.jar (in entity/lib) is kept in sync with the
code from this tree. After changes are tested, the jar is then
checked into the Apache trunk; you do not need to check this out to
use the pool, it is used by default already.

SVN:
https://svn.hotwaxmedia.com/svn/ofbizext/minerva
https://svn.hotwaxmedia.com/svn/ofbizext/selenium

Fisheye