Missing Checkout Process Nav on checkout?

Missing Checkout Process Nav on checkout?

rhodebump

If someone checkouts using the quick checkout option:  There is a navigational structure at the top of the page:

 Personal Info  Shipping Address  Shipping Options  Payment Options  Payment Information  Review Order

If someone checkouts by signing into their account, this is not there.  There is no way for one to navigate from Payment Options back to Shipping  Options.

While I can add it, I was wondering if this is a bug, or by design?  I confirmed this behavior with my OOTB install of ofbiz.

Phillip

Re: Missing Checkout Process Nav on checkout?

rhodebump

I do not understand why the anonymous checkout screens would have a better user experience than someone who logs into ofbiz to complete their order.  That's my question.  Is this an oversight?  Should I open a JIRA issue?

I changed the screens for checkoutshippingaddress,checkoutshippingoptions,checkoutpayment,checkoutreview to use the anonymousCheckoutDecorator.  Doing so provides the user with an overview of the checkout process and allows navigation through the checkout process.

The OrderScreens.xml file for the checkoutshippingaddress screen defines the following:
 <decorator-screen name="main-decorator" location="${parameters.mainDecoratorLocation}">

Replacing the above with
 <decorator-screen name="anonymousCheckoutDecorator">

Phillip

RE: Missing Checkout Process Nav on checkout?

SkipDever
Phillip

The existance of those links depends on the status of the order.  As an experiment, try not doing the quick-checkout, but then go to shipping and such and process it to generage an invoice and them come back to the order.

You don't get an invoice until you ship.

You can further see this by using the Webtools and looking and the Order and Invoice entities.  Notice when they get created as an order is processed down the line.

I personally have never fooled with an anonymous sale and therefore could not comment on what stage the order is created and then the invoice using this method.

Once an invoice is created, you an no longer modify shipping options and the like.

Skip

Re: Missing Checkout Process Nav on checkout?

rhodebump
I agree, the existance of the links (or to be more precise), whether they are actionable (not disabled) depends upon the status of the order.  As I proceed through the quick-checkout, the Payment Information link becomes enabled after I complete shipment information.

My point is that this navigational structure is totally missing from the non quick-checkout, where your repeat customers would go.  If I login and go all the way to Payment Information, there is NO way to go back to Shipment information in the UI.

I was able to add this navigation to the non quick-checkout (using the exact same widget used in quick-checkout) easily enough, and it appears to function correctly.

But the question still remains is why isn't this the default set-up?

Thanks!
Phillip

Re: Missing Checkout Process Nav on checkout?

Scott Gray
Your best bet would be to create a jira issue and upload a patch, then
sooner or later someone will take a look and fix the problem.

Regards
Scott