MySQL memory probs on startup when checks switched off

MySQL memory probs on startup when checks switched off

Cameron Smith-6
Hi, I also encountered this prob and mentioned it a while ago in an email about startup performance.

I did not try giving the JVM a GB, I will try that.   Even if this does work though, it is not much of a help in our case as the main reason to switch off Entity Engine startup checks is to reduce startup time, since we have OFBiz running on laptops and desktops for some clients.   And if the JVM needs to "burst" up to a GB or thereabouts at startup time, the resulting swap activity as the OS desperately clears all the other apps and services out of memory in order to make way for the nascent OFBiz, will probably cancel out any performance gains anyway.

When we have the app on a server, startup time isn't really an issue as once up it stays up.

cameron