Need help to test xml import to Excel

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi all,

I'm testing the upcoming xml export from form widgets... my goal is to
get a generic simple xml format that can be easily imported into MS Excel.

Unfortunately I don't even have Excel installed right now (I'm using
OpenOffice)!

Could you please try to open the attached xml file with Excel (>=2003)
and let me know if it works?

THANKS

Jacopo

ListGlAccountsExport.zip (10K) Download Attachment

Re: Need help to test xml import to Excel

rohit
the attachment is missing.

Jacopo Cappellato wrote
Hi all,

I'm testing the upcoming xml export from form widgets... my goal is to
get a generic simple xml format that can be easily imported into MS Excel.

Unfortunately I don't even have Excel installed right now (I'm using
OpenOffice)!

Could you please try to open the attached xml file with Excel (>=2003)
and let me know if it works?

THANKS

Re: Need help to test xml import to Excel

Scott Gray
Hi Jacopo

Looks good to me, 8 columns 443 rows including headers

Regards
Scott

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm testing the upcoming xml export from form widgets... my goal is to
> get a generic simple xml format that can be easily imported into MS
> Excel.
>
> Unfortunately I don't even have Excel installed right now (I'm using
> OpenOffice)!
>
> Could you please try to open the attached xml file with Excel (>=2003)
> and let me know if it works?
>
> THANKS
>
> Jacopo

Re: Need help to test xml import to Excel

Jacopo Cappellato
That's great,

thanks Scott!!!

Jacopo

Scott Gray wrote:

> Hi Jacopo
>
> Looks good to me, 8 columns 443 rows including headers
>
> Regards
> Scott
>
> Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm testing the upcoming xml export from form widgets... my goal is to
>> get a generic simple xml format that can be easily imported into MS
>> Excel.
>>
>> Unfortunately I don't even have Excel installed right now (I'm using
>> OpenOffice)!
>>
>> Could you please try to open the attached xml file with Excel (>=2003)
>> and let me know if it works?
>>
>> THANKS
>>
>> Jacopo

Re: Need help to test xml import to Excel

here is a trick I use.
if you export a csv file but use the xls extension, the excel and
openoffice will import it as an excel sheet without the import step.

Jacopo Cappellato sent the following on 8/11/2006 12:39 AM:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm testing the upcoming xml export from form widgets... my goal is to
> get a generic simple xml format that can be easily imported into MS Excel.
>
> Unfortunately I don't even have Excel installed right now (I'm using
> OpenOffice)!
>
> Could you please try to open the attached xml file with Excel (>=2003)
> and let me know if it works?
>
> THANKS
>
> Jacopo

Re: Need help to test xml import to Excel

Jacopo Cappellato
Thanks BJ,

that's interesting.
Now that we have a widget xml export that is readable by Excel, I think
that setting the content type to "application/excel" in the controller
will do the trick too (if one wants to auomatically invoke the Excel
plugin).

Jacopo