New Demo Server

David E Jones-2
Hello all,

I'm working on setting up a demo server on a new server I'm setting
up in my office. It won't be much, but will hopefully handle the demo
traffic just fine.

I'm planning on running it on Derby and doing an update and clean
database daily. With this I'd be leaving the admin account open so
people can play around, and whatever they do will be tossed frequently.

It should be up right now at:

http://demo.dejc.com:8080/ecommerce/control/main

I would appreciate it if a few people could test this out and comment
before we make it more public or permanent.

This won't be up all the time, so I wouldn't recommend that anyone
plan to use it for a client demo or whatever, but it should be around
most of the time.

Re: New Demo Server

davidnwelton
"We make money by selling you're contact information" -> "your"

Perhaps at some point after OFBiz has graduated, a Solaris zone could
be set up for this purpose.  You'll have to ask the infrastructure
guys what this entails, though.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: New Demo Server

David E Jones-2

On Oct 23, 2006, at 12:48 PM, David Welton wrote:

> "We make money by selling you're contact information" -> "your"

Interesting... this joke is from years ago in OFBiz. Perhaps we
should remove it from SVN?

Re: New Demo Server

David,

this is a good news that will help the OFBiz developers to reproduce
bugs and share ideas...

The application works fine,

Jacopo

David E Jones wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm working on setting up a demo server on a new server I'm setting up
> in my office. It won't be much, but will hopefully handle the demo
> traffic just fine.
>
> I'm planning on running it on Derby and doing an update and clean
> database daily. With this I'd be leaving the admin account open so
> people can play around, and whatever they do will be tossed frequently.
>
> It should be up right now at:
>
> http://demo.dejc.com:8080/ecommerce/control/main
>
> I would appreciate it if a few people could test this out and comment
> before we make it more public or permanent.
>
> This won't be up all the time, so I wouldn't recommend that anyone plan
> to use it for a client demo or whatever, but it should be around most of
> the time.

Re: New Demo Server

mrisaliti@libero.it
Hi David,

it's very good news, I have tried it and it's works correctly also with Italian language.
Only one information David, when it will be updated (once a week/one a month) and did you think it's possible to know which is the tag currently used by the application (like an about button).

Thanks
Marco

From      : "Jacopo Cappellato" [hidden email]
To          : [hidden email]
Cc          :
Date      : Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:42:08 +0200
Subject : Re: New Demo Server

> David,
>
> this is a good news that will help the OFBiz developers to reproduce
> bugs and share ideas...
>
> The application works fine,
>
> Jacopo
>

> David E Jones wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm working on setting up a demo server on a new server I'm setting up
> > in my office. It won't be much, but will hopefully handle the demo
> > traffic just fine.
> >
> > I'm planning on running it on Derby and doing an update and clean
> > database daily. With this I'd be leaving the admin account open so
> > people can play around, and whatever they do will be tossed frequently.
> >
> > It should be up right now at:
> >
> > http://demo.dejc.com:8080/ecommerce/control/main
> >
> > I would appreciate it if a few people could test this out and comment
> > before we make it more public or permanent.
> >
> > This won't be up all the time, so I wouldn't recommend that anyone plan
> > to use it for a client demo or whatever, but it should be around most of
> > the time.
> >
> > -David

Perdi 2 Taglie in 60 Giorni con Perdi Peso Cerotto! Clicca qui sotto
http://click.libero.it/webnation24ott

Re: New Demo Server

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Marco,

it will be updated (and the db recreated) every day.

Jacopo

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> it's very good news, I have tried it and it's works correctly also with Italian language.
> Only one information David, when it will be updated (once a week/one a month) and did you think it's possible to know which is the tag currently used by the application (like an about button).
>
> Thanks
> Marco

Hi Jacopo,

thanks for this information.
Marco

From      : "Jacopo Cappellato" [hidden email]
To          : [hidden email]
Cc          :
Date      : Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:54:17 +0200

Tim Ruppert
Works for me as well.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Jacopo,
>
> thanks for this information.
> Marco

Great, thanks for looking at it guys. I'll add some links to it on
the site.

-David