New global decorator for pdf documents

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi all,

a few minutes ago I've committed (rev. 432302) a new XSL-FO global
decorator for document based pdf reports (sales and purchase orders,
invoices, returns etc...).

The decorator is defined here:

component://common/widget/CommonScreens.xml#FoReportDecorator

This should simplify the customization of these documents and also
improve the reusability of templates.
I've also converted the existing sales/purchase order pdf to use the new
decorator.
You can see the new screen definition here:

component://order/widget/ordermgr/OrderPrintForms.xml#OrderPDF

As you can see I've splitted the viewOrder.fo.ftl template in smaller
templates:

* one for the header information (order # and date etc...)
* one for the contact mech section (shipping/billing addresses and
payment terms)
* one for the order items (products, quantities, amounts and totals)
* one for the policies in the last page

The layout is mostly unchanged but I think that it is a good starting
point to transform the OFBiz core documents into more standard ones.

And if you are willing to help in the conversion, that would be great!
Here are two reports that are waiting for the refactoring:

component://order/widget/ordermgr/OrderPrintForms.xml#ReturnPDF
component://accounting/widget/accounting/AccountingPrintForms.xml#InvoicePDF

Let me get what your feedback,

Re: New global decorator for pdf documents

Christian Geisert
Jacopo Cappellato schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> a few minutes ago I've committed (rev. 432302) a new XSL-FO global
> decorator for document based pdf reports (sales and purchase orders,
> invoices, returns etc...).

[..]

> And if you are willing to help in the conversion, that would be great!
> Here are two reports that are waiting for the refactoring:
>
> component://order/widget/ordermgr/OrderPrintForms.xml#ReturnPDF

I'll have a look at this.

--
Christian