Newbie from Australia

John Eaton-2
I am a systems consultant who is long passed the very technical capabilities
but I am willing to contribute in any way I can. The most recent part of my
career has been in CRM implementations. My investigation of OfBiz over the
last few weeks leads me to believe I can help to promote its use here in
Australia.

I have installed Opentaps to get a feel for the system now I am ready to go
to the next step of setting up a prototype system.

Can someone direct me to any docs on Importing data into the system.?

Is anyone aware of any organizations using or implementing OfBiz in
Australia??

Have I sent this to the correct mailing list?

I am very excited about getting involved and I applaud all the work that has
been done in this development.

Thanks

John Eaton

Re: Newbie from Australia

Si Chen-2
Currently the only way to import data is to use the data file tool
and transform your data into entityengine.xml.  You can read about it
on ofbizwiki.go-integral.com.  I'm thinking about making some
standardized import templates for the crm modules that might work for
most standard data formats.  If you have a standardized format in
mind, let me know.

I know of a few people who use OFBiz from Australia, but it's
probably best to let them speak up for themselves.

Si