Not needed jars in the jetty component

in my opinion the following three jars could be removed from the jetty
component:

ant.jar (the same jar is in the base component)
jasper-compiler.jar (the same jar is in the catalina component)
jasper-runtime.jar (the same jar is in the catalina component)

Can we remove the first one (and possibly the jasper-* jars as well)?

Re: Not needed jars in the jetty component

David E Jones-2

Will Jetty run with those jars removed?

Generally either the catalina component _or_ the jetty component will
be used but not both. Having both on the classpath would result in
conflicts, and on the flip side because the two may use different
versions of the jars (now and over time as they are updated
independently) then one or the other may not work without their own
versions of these jars.

So no, I don't think we can remove them. If we want to slim things
down we could remove the jetty jars are just throw in a README with
instructions for downloading, building, etc.

-David