Not willing to use ftl file

Vikash Anand-2
Dear All;
           I wish to make an application using ofbiz. I am aware that main
page for all packages like accounting, ecommerce etc is index.flt which is
made with help of freemaker.

Since, i do not have knowledge of preparing and using ftl files i wish to
use JSP pages instead. Please let me know or atleast hint me places where i
need to make changes and what changes i should make in order to achieve
that.

Thanks and Regards;
Vikash Anand.

Re: Not willing to use ftl file

Andrew Sykes
Vikash,

Please redirect this enquiry to the user list, dev is for development of
the OFBiz project not for external development.

Incidentally, OFBiz used to use JSP, but after a lot of thought this was
changed, as FTL offers much better separation of logic and presentation.
There really isn't anything all that difficult about FTL, and there are
lots of examples of how to use FTL in OFBiz, so in my opinion, it really
doesn't make much sense to use JSP.

- Andrew

--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Not willing to use ftl file

Vikash,

Yes I agree, you should really try to use FTL, really easy and powerful.

Jacques