Note info on Order PDF

Walter Vaughan
In our old data, carriage returns were significant in our order messages. I was
happy to see if we populated the notes with <br /> the layout stayed the same.
However, when we generate a PDF, of course there are <br />'s in them and they
wrap wherever the FOP feels like.

Is there some pixie dust that would allow printing of the PDFs with desired
carriage returns and yet have the web page also show the layout with carriage
returns?

I am guessing not, but I can hope.

--
Walter

Re: Note info on Order PDF

David E Jones

To do this we'd have to do an HTML to XSL:FO conversion. There are
libraries for this sort of thing, but nothing like this already in
place.

-David

On Feb 13, 2007, at 12:21 AM, Walter Vaughan wrote:

> In our old data, carriage returns were significant in our order
> messages. I was happy to see if we populated the notes with <br />
> the layout stayed the same. However, when we generate a PDF, of
> course there are <br />'s in them and they wrap wherever the FOP
> feels like.
>
> Is there some pixie dust that would allow printing of the PDFs with
> desired carriage returns and yet have the web page also show the
> layout with carriage returns?
>
> I am guessing not, but I can hope.
>
> --
> Walter

Re: Note info on Order PDF

cjhowe
If your xsl-fo is in freemarker you may want to try your luck with the
?replace built in
http://freemarker.sourceforge.net/docs/ref_builtins_string.html#ref_builtin_replace