OFBTOOLS_VIEW in OrderSecurityData.xml

BJ Freeman
I note that practically every security level has the OFBTOOLS_VIEW.
to better emulate a real situation, should this only be at the manager
level?

Re: OFBTOOLS_VIEW in OrderSecurityData.xml

Adrian Crum
That permission enables viewing the OOTB components. The concept is to exclude the permission from
custom apps so that you don't accidently give someone permission to use an OOTB app by giving them
permission to use an existing resource.

-Adrian

BJ Freeman wrote:
> I note that practically every security level has the OFBTOOLS_VIEW.
> to better emulate a real situation, should this only be at the manager
> level?

Re: OFBTOOLS_VIEW in OrderSecurityData.xml

BJ Freeman
Ok I am confused.
when I go into demoadmin have certain things block like order entry.
yet those below admin can see webtools.
hmmmmmm

Adrian Crum sent the following on 11/29/2007 2:16 PM:

> That permission enables viewing the OOTB components. The concept is to
> exclude the permission from custom apps so that you don't accidently
> give someone permission to use an OOTB app by giving them permission to
> use an existing resource.
>
> -Adrian
>
> BJ Freeman wrote:
>> I note that practically every security level has the OFBTOOLS_VIEW.
>> to better emulate a real situation, should this only be at the manager
>> level?

Re: OFBTOOLS_VIEW in OrderSecurityData.xml

Adrian Crum
The WEBTOOLS_VIEW permission grants access to the Webtools component. It's confusing, I know.

If you Google OFBTOOLS you'll find additional information about how it's used.

-Adrian

BJ Freeman wrote:

> Ok I am confused.
> when I go into demoadmin have certain things block like order entry.
> yet those below admin can see webtools.
> hmmmmmm
>

> Adrian Crum sent the following on 11/29/2007 2:16 PM:
>
>>That permission enables viewing the OOTB components. The concept is to
>>exclude the permission from custom apps so that you don't accidently
>>give someone permission to use an OOTB app by giving them permission to
>>use an existing resource.
>>
>>-Adrian
>>
>>BJ Freeman wrote:
>>
>>>I note that practically every security level has the OFBTOOLS_VIEW.
>>>to better emulate a real situation, should this only be at the manager
>>>level?

Re: OFBTOOLS_VIEW in OrderSecurityData.xml

BJ Freeman
thanks.

Adrian Crum sent the following on 11/29/2007 3:05 PM: