OFBiz Coding Conventions

Carsten Schinzer
Hello all,

Like many of you, I am currently working on a piece to move services from minilang to Groovy DSL.
When looking around in the Wiki I found that the Coding Conventions (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Coding+Conventions <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Coding+Conventions>) do have a foreseen section for „Service Definitions“, yet it is entirely empty.

As I also observe some deviations across the various file types and names involved with service definition and also inconsistencies with file locations in packages (Groovy-based test cases belong to non-test packages) I wondered where it is possibly a good time — now that plenty of us are working on the Mining to Groovy DSL migration — to align on conventions related to:
* Services Naming
* Context Definitions, e.g. sequence of IN vs OUT variables in seca definitions
* location of service implementations vs test implementations
* ...

I am sure there are already plenty mutually agreed conventions being „gate kept“ by the committers, yet I would prefer to make them explicit and document them for everyone’s benefit.

Note sure how to track this further … I can propose to consolidate replies to this mail thread and update the page as well as monitoring the page itself where you might leave comments or add updates to the section yourselves.

What do you think?

Warm regards from rainy Munich

Carsten

Re: OFBiz Coding Conventions

Hi Carsten,

Inline...

Le 15/06/2020 à 18:43, Carsten Schinzer a écrit :
> I am sure there are already plenty mutually agreed conventions being „gate kept“ by the committers, yet I would prefer to make them explicit and document them for everyone’s benefit.
>
> Note sure how to track this further … I can propose to consolidate replies to this mail thread and update the page as well as monitoring the page itself where you might leave comments or add updates to the section yourselves.
>
> What do you think?

Sure, I suggest your begin to propose in this thread in order to get a consensus, possibly lazy if your proposition fit to everybody.