[OFBiz] Dev - Different units of measure in PO

[OFBiz] Dev - Different units of measure in PO

Ashish Hareet
Here's a situation I'm trying to figure out. I have to generate PO's in the suppliers units.

Ex:
We sell 20 pencils in a pack which is one unit for us.
But for the supplier, 100 pencils comprise one unit.
When the purchase order is made, & I order 10 units, I should get 10 * 100 pieces
A key thing here is that when the supplier sends us the stuff, he sends us the same
in packs of 20 which is one sellable unit for us. For the above example the supplier sends us
50 packs

I just looked up a few config's for the product under the Suppliers tab & included the price,
units, etc & that should suffice. My problem comes when I try to receive the PO's under the
Inventory Receive tab. By default it shows the Qty Received as the number of seller's units
ordered(10 if I consider the above example). What I'd like to see here is the converted
units. So for the above example, I'd like to see 50 populated in the Qty received field.

Wondering if some of you have come across the same situation, if yes, how did you resolve it.

Thanks

Ashish Hareet
http://www.cpbinc.com/