[OFBiz] Dev - F1_From_ERP_CRM

CRM-TEAM
Hi all:
can I get help.
how can I send parameter from Ftl file and receive it in  regin file.

e.g: I want to send field (firstname) from form in find.ftl  to  <view-map name="editperson"  type="region"/>.
The regin.xml look as :
    <define id='editperson' region='MAIN_REGION'>
        <put section='title'>Edit Personal Information</put>
        <put section='content' content='/party/editperson.jsp'/>
    </define>
and i want to put the receive parameter in one of editperson.jsp field.

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - F1_From_ERP_CRM

Si Chen-2
regions is seriously deprecated at this point.  You should not be using it.

CRM-TEAM wrote:

> Hi all:
> can I get help.
> how can I send parameter from Ftl file and receive it in  regin file.
>
> e.g: I want to send field (firstname) from form in find.ftl
> to  <view-map name="editperson"  type="region"/>.
> The regin.xml look as :
>     <define id='editperson' region='MAIN_REGION'>
>         <put section='title'>Edit Personal Information</put>
>         <put section='content' content='/party/editperson.jsp'/>
>     </define>
> and i want to put the receive parameter in one of editperson.jsp field.

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - F1_From_ERP_CRM

David E. Jones

That's not quite true, we do still have older things that use the
regions piece, basically anything that is a JSP.

Si is right though that we are not adding anything new as JSPs and
using regions, they are just too inflexible and too difficult to
maintain and error prone. We are also over time converting existing
JSPs to better, newer things.

Having a combination of FTL and JSP in the same page is possible, but
a mess. Don't count on getting too much support here because it is
very dependent on how you have coded things and may require a review
of your code. Of course, someone might help, but chances are slim.
Not too many independently wealthy people watching this list for a
chance to help where they can... ;)

If you really want to do this, I highly recommend starting with the
basics: the Servlet API. Go buy a book about it, and read it.

-David

On Aug 2, 2005, at 10:36 AM, Si Chen wrote:

> regions is seriously deprecated at this point.  You should not be
> using it.
>
> CRM-TEAM wrote:
>

>> Hi all:
>> can I get help.
>> how can I send parameter from Ftl file and receive it in  regin file.
>>  e.g: I want to send field (firstname) from form in find.ftl  to
>> <view-map name="editperson"  type="region"/>.
>> The regin.xml look as :
>>     <define id='editperson' region='MAIN_REGION'>
>>         <put section='title'>Edit Personal Information</put>
>>         <put section='content' content='/party/editperson.jsp'/>
>>     </define>
>> and i want to put the receive parameter in one of editperson.jsp
>> field.

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - F1_From_ERP_CRM

Si Chen-2
Ok.  Sorry I exaggerated...