[OFBiz] Dev - Labels

Michael Irving

I added the following to my screen widget (CommonDecorator):

<property-map resource="HrmsUiLabels" map-name="uiLabelMap" global="true"/>

I also created the properties file:

<ofbiz_home>/applications/hrms/config/HrmsUiLabels.properties

When I use the screen, I get the following error:

org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen [viewempprofile]: org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen [CommonDecorator]: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find resource bundle [HrmsUiLabels] in the locale [en_US] (Could not find resource bundle [HrmsUiLabels] in the locale [en_US]) (Error rendering screen [CommonDecorator]: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find resource bundle [HrmsUiLabels] in the locale [en_US] (Could not find resource bundle [HrmsUiLabels] in the locale [en_US]))

I’ve been looking for any documentation on how to get this to work….but I’ve come up empty.

Michael Irving

Keynetx, Inc. - Building Solutions for Success

Mobile: (267)474.3564

Fax: (425) 871-2838

email: [hidden email]

* * * Visit Our Web Site: http://www.keynetx.net * * *

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - Labels

David E. Jones

Is the hrms/config directory on your classpath? This is done through
the ofbiz-component.xml file.

Michael: don't take this personally, but in general it is really
helpful to get an understanding of how things fit together in OFBiz.
I understand very well that there are not the best and most easily
accessible resources for such things, but there are resources like
the training videos (the ones from the pre-conference training this
year are quite helpful and up to date) that are available and we are
working towards better ones. I personally love skimming through
documentation or books (yes, I'm a book addict) before starting on
any new project based on something I don't have experience with, it
saves a HUGE amount of time and frustration.

-David

On Sep 7, 2005, at 6:45 PM, Michael Irving wrote:

> I added the following to my screen widget (CommonDecorator):
>

> <property-map resource="HrmsUiLabels" map-name="uiLabelMap"
> global="true"/>
>

> I also created the properties file:
>
> <ofbiz_home>/applications/hrms/config/HrmsUiLabels.properties
>

> When I use the screen, I get the following error:
>
> org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
> [viewempprofile]: org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error
> rendering screen [CommonDecorator]:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find resource bundle
> [HrmsUiLabels] in the locale [en_US] (Could not find resource
> bundle [HrmsUiLabels] in the locale [en_US]) (Error rendering
> screen [CommonDecorator]: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could
> not find resource bundle [HrmsUiLabels] in the locale [en_US]
> (Could not find resource bundle [HrmsUiLabels] in the locale [en_US]))
>

> I’ve been looking for any documentation on how to get this to
> work….but I’ve come up empty.

> Michael Irving
> Keynetx, Inc. - Building Solutions for Success
> Mobile: (267)474.3564
> Fax: (425) 871-2838
> email: [hidden email]
>
> * * * Visit Our Web Site: http://www.keynetx.net * * *

RE: [OFBiz] Dev - Labels

Michael Irving
David,

I agree with you 100%.

I've subscribed to the on-line documentation, but my username still doesn't
have access, but my credit card has been charged.

I've also asked you several times about the videos that I currently have and
the fact that they do not work.  The videos will either start skipping or
just won't run.  I have asked to trade these in for new ones, but haven't
heard back.

-Mike

Is the hrms/config directory on your classpath? This is done through
the ofbiz-component.xml file.

Michael: don't take this personally, but in general it is really
helpful to get an understanding of how things fit together in OFBiz.
I understand very well that there are not the best and most easily
accessible resources for such things, but there are resources like
the training videos (the ones from the pre-conference training this
year are quite helpful and up to date) that are available and we are
working towards better ones. I personally love skimming through
documentation or books (yes, I'm a book addict) before starting on
any new project based on something I don't have experience with, it
saves a HUGE amount of time and frustration.

-David

On Sep 7, 2005, at 6:45 PM, Michael Irving wrote:

> I added the following to my screen widget (CommonDecorator):
>

> <property-map resource="HrmsUiLabels" map-name="uiLabelMap"
> global="true"/>
>

> I also created the properties file:
>
> <ofbiz_home>/applications/hrms/config/HrmsUiLabels.properties
>

> When I use the screen, I get the following error:
>
> org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
> [viewempprofile]: org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error
> rendering screen [CommonDecorator]:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find resource bundle
> [HrmsUiLabels] in the locale [en_US] (Could not find resource
> bundle [HrmsUiLabels] in the locale [en_US]) (Error rendering
> screen [CommonDecorator]: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could
> not find resource bundle [HrmsUiLabels] in the locale [en_US]
> (Could not find resource bundle [HrmsUiLabels] in the locale [en_US]))
>

> I've been looking for any documentation on how to get this to
> work..but I've come up empty.

> Michael Irving
> Keynetx, Inc. - Building Solutions for Success
> Mobile: (267)474.3564
> Fax: (425) 871-2838
> email: [hidden email]
>
> * * * Visit Our Web Site: http://www.keynetx.net * * *

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - Labels

David E. Jones

Mike,

The online documentation is really more end-user documentation, but
it can be helpful for customizations and such as well when you are
trying to get an overview of how different things fit together and
what different things mean in the business level.

On the current videos you have I did receive and reply to the message
about them not working and asked for a list of which ones had
problems so I could send a replacement. For a short time I had a few
bad discs from my Windows machine using the Roxio software, and as I
started to do complete read tests before sending them out after a
while I got up to about a 50% bad disc level, so for now I'm just
burning them one at a time on my Mac desktop (the PC was nice because
it has 3 burners in it).

I have no problem sending replacements. I apologize that I didn't get
an answer to your request about a week and a half ago about a refund,
I got it just after I arrived in London and decided to wait until I
got back to go over it with you, since I couldn't reasonably send a
replacement from there. In this email it sounds like a replacement is
sufficient for you, so I'll send that out today, and I'll just send a
set of the new discs as I still don't know which ones were not
working for you. Is the Bridle Path Drive the best address?

BTW, this probably really is better to handle directly and not
through the mailing list as Undersun is totally independent of OFBiz
and this really has nothing to do with OFBiz. A delay doesn't mean I
didn't get your message, though if you want to check on that just
send me another message.

-David