[OFBiz] Dev - Re: Manufacturing Question

[OFBiz] Dev - Re: Manufacturing Question

Gan Chun Yee
Hi Jacopo,
please get me right, is MRP you mentioned on the other
thread different from Run Production Run? All the
while I am running my Production Run and it issued the
material stock out. I noticed the inventory QOH
decreased. Before I run the production, the inventory
for my material stock is above minumum stock level,
but when after I run the production, the new material
stock shows it reaches minimum stock level. So doesnt
it means to create Requirement automatically? Or
should i use the Run MRP function? If yes, how and
when should I use that? before Production Run? or
after Production Run?

Hope that my question is clear to you.

Thank you.

Regards,
Gan

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - Re: Manufacturing Question

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Gan,

Gan Chun Yee wrote:

> Hi Jacopo,
> please get me right, is MRP you mentioned on the other
> thread different from Run Production Run? All the
> while I am running my Production Run and it issued the
> material stock out. I noticed the inventory QOH
> decreased. Before I run the production, the inventory
> for my material stock is above minumum stock level,
> but when after I run the production, the new material
> stock shows it reaches minimum stock level. So doesnt
> it means to create Requirement automatically? Or
> should i use the Run MRP function?
> If yes, how and
> when should I use that? before Production Run? or
> after Production Run?

Yes, you should run the MRP function BEFORE starting the Production Run.
So the MRP will see that there is a scheduled production run that will
cause the QOH to decrease under minimum stock and so it will generate a
requirement for materials.

Let me know if it is not,

Jacopo