[OFBiz] Dev - What is maxAmount field in OrderPaymentPreference?

[OFBiz] Dev - What is maxAmount field in OrderPaymentPreference?

Leon Torres-2
I'm creating a form where the user can enter an amount to authorize for
a given OrderPaymentPreference. Should this input be stored in
OrderPaymentPreference.maxAmount? My interpretation of that field is
that it's the total amount authorized to be captured, hence you can
capture several times using the same autorization until the maxAmount is
reached.

- Leon

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - What is maxAmount field in OrderPaymentPreference?

David E. Jones

The OrderPaymentPreference is only used in the authorization stage
for credit cards, not for the capture stage (an actual Payment record
is used for that).

The maxAmount field is used during the checkout process to specify
the maximum amount of the total order that should be allocated to
that OrderPaymentPreference, ie out of the total order amount. In
other words you can specify multiple credit cards and say put at most
$200 on this card, and the rest on the other.

-David