[OFBiz] Dev - hardware requirements?

Michael Irving

Is there a “rule of thumb” that can be used when determining hardware requirements/specifications for OFBIZ?

Michael Irving

Keynetx, Inc. - Building Solutions for Success

Mobile: (267)474.3564

Fax: (425) 871-2838

email: [hidden email]

* * * Visit Our Web Site: http://www.keynetx.net * * *

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - hardware requirements?

David E. Jones

Michael,

You should always do load testing for any site that will do more than
about 100,000 page hits per hour, so that is one rule of thumb...
That is about the load that a single 2 processor fairly modern
(~2.5Ghz) Intel/Linux server can handle. You can roughly scale that
out (and pretty linearly too) as an estimate for how many boxes/
processors you will need. Still if you are doing any sort of higher
volume load testing should be considered mandatory and not doing so
should be considered, well, I guess negligent.... ;)

There are lots of tools for this, but JMeter is a pretty good free one.

-David