[OFBiz] Dev - how to get error messages from SECA services

[OFBiz] Dev - how to get error messages from SECA services

Si Chen-2
Hi.  I'm having a problem with "Quick Ship" and "Quick Return" on the
order manager.  If one of the SECA services returns an error, the error
message is not displayed.  I'm going to try to track this down, but

1.  In general, should synchronous SECA service errors show up on the
screens?
2.  If so, how should it work?  Is it the usual "_ERROR_MESSAGE_" and
"_ERROR_MESSAGE_LIST_" in the request?

Si

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - how to get error messages from SECA services

Si Chen-2
Ok - We figured it out.  It turns out in the controller for order
manager, a couple of the requests had response types of
"request-redirect" rather than "view" and "request-redirect" was not
showing the error messages.  We fixed it by changing the response types
to "view":

     <request-map uri="quickShipOrder">
         <security https="true" auth="true"/>
         <event type="service" invoke="quickShipEntireOrder"/>
-        <response name="success" type="request-redirect" value="orderview"/>
-        <response name="error" type="request-redirect" value="orderview"/>
+        <response name="success" type="view" value="orderview"/>
+        <response name="error" type="view" value="orderview"/>
     </request-map>

Was there a reason for using "request-redirect"?  It seemed like a
legacy feature to me, as I don't see it used anywhere else any more.

Also, the other thing we did was include the exception messages in the
ServiceDispatcher:
http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-480

Si

Si Chen wrote:

> Hi.  I'm having a problem with "Quick Ship" and "Quick Return" on the
> order manager.  If one of the SECA services returns an error, the
> error message is not displayed.  I'm going to try to track this down, but
>
> 1.  In general, should synchronous SECA service errors show up on the
> screens?
> 2.  If so, how should it work?  Is it the usual "_ERROR_MESSAGE_" and
> "_ERROR_MESSAGE_LIST_" in the request?
>
> Si

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - how to get error messages from SECA services

Andrew Zeneski
Yes! This is used to force a browser redirect (changing the url in the browser) to prevent refresh problems. After a quick ship if you go to a different screen and hit back it will attempt to quick ship again throwing an error.

The real solution is to fix the issue with the error messages disappearing during the redirect.

Andy

Si Chen wrote:

> Hi.  I'm having a problem with "Quick Ship" and "Quick Return" on the
> order manager.  If one of the SECA services returns an error, the
> error message is not displayed.  I'm going to try to track this down, but
>
> 1.  In general, should synchronous SECA service errors show up on the
> screens?
> 2.  If so, how should it work?  Is it the usual "_ERROR_MESSAGE_" and
> "_ERROR_MESSAGE_LIST_" in the request?
>
> Si

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - how to get error messages from SECA services

Si Chen-2
Can you give me some clues where we might be able to track that down?
I'm not as familiar with the framework pieces.

Also, is it OK if we leave it as "view" for now.  I personally think
that given the choice between the two, getting the error messages is
more important of the two.

Si