[OFBiz] Dev - new contact list and timesheet features

[OFBiz] Dev - new contact list and timesheet features

Si Chen-2
Hi David,

I just checked out the new contact list and timesheet features. They are
very interesting!  However, I had a couple of questions

1.  Timesheet - I tried to create an invoice for 10 hours based on
standard hourly rate, but the amount came out to zero.  Is the rate set
somewhere?

2.  Contact list - I created a list and some parties for it.  Then I was
able to create a communication event and update its status a few times.
I didn't see a feature which allowed actually sending an email.  Also,
once a communication event was marked "completed" for the contact list,
the communication doesn't show up for the particular party.  Is this all
correct?

3.  Marketing segment.  I clicked on the "Segment" screen in marketing
and got a lookup form with no submit form.  Also, the header disappeared
- only the lookup form showed up.

In general, though, these are very interesting features.  I'm really
glad to see them in OFBiz.

Si

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - new contact list and timesheet features

David E. Jones

On Oct 27, 2005, at 2:09 PM, Si Chen wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I just checked out the new contact list and timesheet features.
> They are very interesting!  However, I had a couple of questions
>
> 1.  Timesheet - I tried to create an invoice for 10 hours based on
> standard hourly rate, but the amount came out to zero.  Is the rate
> set somewhere?

The rates can be set per party in the party manager, or per work
effort in the work effort manager. If there is a work effort on a
time entry and a rate for the party on that work effort that
corresponds to the rate type on the time entry then it will use it,
otherwise it will look for the rate associated with the party for the
given rate type and use that. Not finding anything it will leave it
at 0 (and with the accounting extensions you can set it manually).

> 2.  Contact list - I created a list and some parties for it.  Then
> I was able to create a communication event and update its status a
> few times.  I didn't see a feature which allowed actually sending
> an email.  Also, once a communication event was marked "completed"
> for the contact list, the communication doesn't show up for the
> particular party.  Is this all correct?

There is no functionality to send bulk emails or other bulk contact
list communications. The functionality sponsored for this was just
for maintaining the contact list with double-opt email, etc.

> 3.  Marketing segment.  I clicked on the "Segment" screen in
> marketing and got a lookup form with no submit form.  Also, the
> header disappeared - only the lookup form showed up.

I took a peek at this and it looks like a simple case of the common
bad code. The link in appheader.ftl and MarketingMenus.xml was wrong
for the Segments and is now fixed in rev 6043.