[OFBiz] Dev - this week's development blog - and a couple of questions

[OFBiz] Dev - this week's development blog - and a couple of questions

Si Chen-2
This week's development summary is here:
http://ofbiz-new.blogspot.com/2005/11/ofbiz-development-svn-r-6108_11.html

Questions for -

*David*: It seems that OFBiz r 6081, you are using "EXAMPLE" instead of
"ACCOUNTING" permissions in your new services.  Also, may I recommend
that you create some new permissions for viewing and creating tax
authorities.  One mistake I think I've made in the past is over using
the ACCOUNTING_ADMIN permission instead of creating discrete permissions
for operations.  As a result, I'm dreading the inevitable refactoring to
make it production ready right now.

*Jacopo*: When you send order quote emails, are they recorderd as
CommunicationEvents to the party you sent them to?  We did something a
while ago that would allow all those quotes to be saved, and I just
wanted to make sure they still worked.

Have a great wekend

Si

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - this week's development blog - and a couple of questions

David E. Jones

Si,

Thanks Si, the base permission in TaxAuthorityServices.xml is not
corrected.

In general I agree it would be good to refactor a LOT of the existing
permissions to make them more granular as right now the level of
granularity is per application, plus a few special areas that require
additional permissions.

-David

On Nov 11, 2005, at 4:05 PM, Si Chen wrote:

> This week's development summary is here:
> http://ofbiz-new.blogspot.com/2005/11/ofbiz-development-svn-
> r-6108_11.html
>
> Questions for -
>
> *David*: It seems that OFBiz r 6081, you are using "EXAMPLE"
> instead of "ACCOUNTING" permissions in your new services.  Also,
> may I recommend that you create some new permissions for viewing
> and creating tax authorities.  One mistake I think I've made in the
> past is over using the ACCOUNTING_ADMIN permission instead of
> creating discrete permissions for operations.  As a result, I'm
> dreading the inevitable refactoring to make it production ready
> right now.
>
> *Jacopo*: When you send order quote emails, are they recorderd as
> CommunicationEvents to the party you sent them to?  We did
> something a while ago that would allow all those quotes to be
> saved, and I just wanted to make sure they still worked.
>
> Have a great wekend
>
> Si

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - this week's development blog - and a couple of questions

Hi Si,

this is a good point.
I had a look at how the communication events are stored: there is a seca
that is triggered when the "sendMail" service is called and the partyId
is passed in.
So now I've added the quote's partyId to the bodyParameters map in the
service context (rev. 6115).
However this will not still create a communication event because the
quote mail has an attachement and so the "sendMailMultiPart" service is
called instead of the "sendMail" service, and there is not a seca
attached to the "sendMailMultiPart": I think that it is because, in its
current implementation,  the "storeEmailAsCommunicationEvent" cannot
manage correctly attachments.

Jacopo

Si Chen wrote:

> This week's development summary is here:
> http://ofbiz-new.blogspot.com/2005/11/ofbiz-development-svn-r-6108_11.html
>
> Questions for -
>
> *David*: It seems that OFBiz r 6081, you are using "EXAMPLE" instead of
> "ACCOUNTING" permissions in your new services.  Also, may I recommend
> that you create some new permissions for viewing and creating tax
> authorities.  One mistake I think I've made in the past is over using
> the ACCOUNTING_ADMIN permission instead of creating discrete permissions
> for operations.  As a result, I'm dreading the inevitable refactoring to
> make it production ready right now.
>
> *Jacopo*: When you send order quote emails, are they recorderd as
> CommunicationEvents to the party you sent them to?  We did something a
> while ago that would allow all those quotes to be saved, and I just
> wanted to make sure they still worked.
>
> Have a great wekend
>
> Si

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - this week's development blog - and a couple of questions

Si Chen-2
Ok.  Thanks for looking at it.

Si