OFBiz Premier League – Reviewers Choice Award

Re: OFBiz Premier League – Reviewers Choice Award

taher
Talking in passive voice to say your work is not recognized is ungrounded.
Also saying a product requires continuity implies that OFBiz is not so
which is false. OFBiz is witnessing massive changes lately which is an
indicator of a healthy and vibrant community. In this ML I am interested in
hearing about OFBiz, not your fork, I don't care for it nor do I find it
interesting on a technical level.

I recommend ignoring this discussion as it smells like trolling to me.
Let's continue with the great work that's happening.

Again I reiterate my gratitude to the folks at hotwax for the fantastic
work they've done lately and real value added with the surge of commits to
the code base. Thank you all.

On Nov 26, 2016 11:19 PM, "Paul Piper" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Michael,
>
> I am not sure why you are complaining, we have published our work under the
> Apache License, so it is free of use. In addition, we tried to work with
> you
> before: Last time we contributed our work (ecomseo, Solr, axis2), it was
> neither picked up nor given credit. Additionally, l do feel that a product
> requires continuity and a focus on production-use. Neither I have seen to
> be
> of any concern around here. I don't blame anybody for this, just figured
> that it is not worth the trouble, so we parted ways with Scipio. Like you
> can tell from my post, I am still putting an interest in all this. So
> appreciate it, or not, that's how it is going to be.
>
> I don't understand what any of this has anything to do with this
> discussion,
> but you can contact me any time...
>
> Cheers,
> Paul

Re: OFBiz Premier League – Reviewers Choice Award

Paul Piper
Taher,

That's really a shame. Just as you were typing this, I was going to contribute all of our work.

But I guess that's fine - the change to gradle was something a lot of people were really yearning for ;)

Re: OFBiz Premier League – Reviewers Choice Award

Paul Piper
I was curious about all the progress Taher has been talking about, so I downloaded all releases from the website and ran a comparison of all the noticeable changes. For comparison I took a look at the catalog manager, so that I could sense the progress made.

Here's the result:

- Release 4 does not run (StringIndexOutOfBoundsException)
- Release 09.04 does not compile (incompatible types)
- Release 11.04.06 does not compile (org.ofbiz.widget.ContentWorkerInterface not found)
- Release 12.04 - 16.11 run

After taking a few screenshots, I made a fancy comparison chart (actual screenshots shown):

Hi-Res versions of the screenshots available on request.

The biggest change from running the systems must be gradle - which changes the syntax significantly, the load order and general structure was kept the same, however.

Cheers

P.S.: Curiously, apache 4 did run in parts, though the error would lead to partial-renders of the screen. If interested, I can share the result here, too
12