OFBiz Restructuring: moving components

Pierre Smits
Hi,

Over the weekend we have seen the move of optional components from the
OFBiz Trunk [1] into the new ofbiz-plugins repo [2] on svn. While this
requires some follow-up actions, should we not also move:

   - optional themes, and
   - optional components as manufacturing, humanres and marketing

out of the ofbiz-framework [3] repo?

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/ofbiz-plugins/trunk
[3] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/ofbiz-framework/trunk

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Re: OFBiz Restructuring: moving components

Le 13/02/2017 à 10:46, Pierre Smits a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Over the weekend we have seen the move of optional components from the
> OFBiz Trunk [1] into the new ofbiz-plugins repo [2] on svn. While this
> requires some follow-up actions, should we not also move:
>
>     - optional themes, and
>     - optional components as manufacturing, humanres and marketing
>
> out of the ofbiz-framework [3] repo?
>
> [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk
> [2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/ofbiz-plugins/trunk
> [3] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/ofbiz-framework/trunk
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pierre Smits
>
> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
> OFBiz based solutions & services
>
> OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

For the themes I think it was already discussed. Nicolas and Julien are now working on OFBIZ-9138 "Create a common theme" so better to wait.

For the rest it needs discussions

Re: OFBiz Restructuring: moving components

Pierre Smits
Thank you for collaborating with me on removing ambiguity and/or doubt.

Please read inline.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 13/02/2017 à 10:46, Pierre Smits a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Over the weekend we have seen the move of optional components from the
>> OFBiz Trunk [1] into the new ofbiz-plugins repo [2] on svn. While this
>> requires some follow-up actions, should we not also move:
>>
>>     - optional themes, and
>>     - optional components as manufacturing, humanres and marketing
>>
>> out of the ofbiz-framework [3] repo?
>>
>> [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk
>> [2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/ofbiz-plugins/trunk
>> [3] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/ofbiz-framework/trunk
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Pierre Smits
>>
>> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
>> OFBiz based solutions & services
>>
>> OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
>> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
>>
>> For the themes I think it was already discussed. Nicolas and Julien are
> now working on OFBIZ-9138 "Create a common theme" so better to wait.

Can you provide a link to where that was discussed and what the resolution
is?
Re OFBIZ-9138: is this future going to replace all theme options currently
residing in [1]? I don't know how long that will take, and I am sure both
Nicolas and Julien will do their best to have it rather sooner than later,
but would it not be in the interest of the project in its current state not
to have the existing themes in the ofbiz-framework repo. But rather
somewhere else?

> For the rest it needs discussions

You mean in a new thread? Or can contributors just express their thought in
this one as if it were a discussion, even though the title hasn't been
categorized with [DISCUSSION]?

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ofbiz/ofbiz-framework/trunk/themes/

Le 13/02/2017 à 12:31, Pierre Smits a écrit :

> Thank you for collaborating with me on removing ambiguity and/or doubt.
>
> Please read inline.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pierre Smits
>
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Le 13/02/2017 à 10:46, Pierre Smits a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Over the weekend we have seen the move of optional components from the
>>> OFBiz Trunk [1] into the new ofbiz-plugins repo [2] on svn. While this
>>> requires some follow-up actions, should we not also move:
>>>
>>>      - optional themes, and
>>>      - optional components as manufacturing, humanres and marketing
>>>
>>> out of the ofbiz-framework [3] repo?
>>>
>>> [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk
>>> [2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/ofbiz-plugins/trunk
>>> [3] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/ofbiz-framework/trunk
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Pierre Smits
>> For the themes I think it was already discussed. Nicolas and Julien are now working on OFBIZ-9138 "Create a common theme" so better to wait.
>>
> Can you provide a link to where that was discussed and what the resolution
> is?

I thought we did, but I did not find any clearly related discussion. I think I thought about http://markmail.org/message/4rnjuthd7a6sdp42 but there is
nothing related to themes location

> Re OFBIZ-9138: is this future going to replace all theme options currently
> residing in [1]? I don't know how long that will take, and I am sure both
> Nicolas and Julien will do their best to have it rather sooner than later,
> but would it not be in the interest of the project in its current state not
> to have the existing themes in the ofbiz-framework repo. But rather
> somewhere else?

I can't answer for them

>> For the rest it needs discussions
> You mean in a new thread? Or can contributors just express their thought in
> this one as if it were a discussion, even though the title hasn't been
> categorized with [DISCUSSION]?

There is no prerequisite to have the [DISCUSSION] prefix in a discussion thread. It's just convenient sometimes. So here is OK with me.

Jacques