OFBiz-Shopify Integration

Ritesh Kumar
Hello team,

Let me start by giving you heads up on Shopify.

Shopify is a renowned eCommerce platform for building online retail
businesses. A large number of businesses are moving to the world of hosted
eCommerce platforms and Shopify seems to be, if not the best, one of the
best platforms available in the market today. Over a million merchants use
Shopify to run their businesses. They come in all sizes, from all around
the world, and each one is different. One can easily set up a store and go
online.

Owing to such a large user base, there could be many merchants interested
in integrating their online sales with a powerful ERP system for the
backend processes such as order fulfilment, accounting, customer service,
etc.

Shopify provides both REST and GraphQL APIs. APIs are richly documented. We
can further discuss the integration details.

I do believe this integration will positively add to feature set already
available in OFBiz and can become a major adoption factor.

Here are the references,
Shopify developer introduction
<https://shopify.dev/concepts/shopify-introduction>
Shopify storefront API <https://shopify.dev/docs/storefront-api>

Please, let me know your thoughts on this.

Best,

Ritesh Kumar

Re: OFBiz-Shopify Integration

Rishi Solanki
Dear Ritesh,
This is much awaited integration at community. Thanks for initiative.

I guess plan to add a separate plugin for this would be good approach and
using REST.

Best Regards,
--
Rishi Solanki
*CTO, Mindpath Technology*

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 10:00 AM Ritesh Kumar <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello team,
>
> Let me start by giving you heads up on Shopify.
>
> Shopify is a renowned eCommerce platform for building online retail
> businesses. A large number of businesses are moving to the world of hosted
> eCommerce platforms and Shopify seems to be, if not the best, one of the
> best platforms available in the market today. Over a million merchants use
> Shopify to run their businesses. They come in all sizes, from all around
> the world, and each one is different. One can easily set up a store and go
> online.
>
> Owing to such a large user base, there could be many merchants interested
> in integrating their online sales with a powerful ERP system for the
> backend processes such as order fulfilment, accounting, customer service,
> etc.
>
> Shopify provides both REST and GraphQL APIs. APIs are richly documented. We
> can further discuss the integration details.
>
> I do believe this integration will positively add to feature set already
> available in OFBiz and can become a major adoption factor.
>
> Here are the references,
> Shopify developer introduction
> <https://shopify.dev/concepts/shopify-introduction>
> Shopify storefront API <https://shopify.dev/docs/storefront-api>
>
> Please, let me know your thoughts on this.
>
> Best,

> Ritesh Kumar

Re: OFBiz-Shopify Integration

Suraj Khurana-2
+1 for creating a new plugin.

--
Best Regards,
Suraj Khurana

grv

Re: OFBiz-Shopify Integration

grv
Hi Ritesh -

This is certainly going to be a great initiative. +1

Best,
Girish

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 8:49 PM Suraj Khurana <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1 for creating a new plugin.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Suraj Khurana
> SENIOR TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
> mobile: +91 9669750002
> email: [hidden email]
> *www.hotwax.co <http://www.hotwax.co/>*
>

> On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 10:00 AM Ritesh Kumar <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello team,
> >
> > Let me start by giving you heads up on Shopify.
> >
> > Shopify is a renowned eCommerce platform for building online retail
> > businesses. A large number of businesses are moving to the world of
> hosted
> > eCommerce platforms and Shopify seems to be, if not the best, one of the
> > best platforms available in the market today. Over a million merchants
> use
> > Shopify to run their businesses. They come in all sizes, from all around
> > the world, and each one is different. One can easily set up a store and
> go
> > online.
> >
> > Owing to such a large user base, there could be many merchants interested
> > in integrating their online sales with a powerful ERP system for the
> > backend processes such as order fulfilment, accounting, customer service,
> > etc.
> >
> > Shopify provides both REST and GraphQL APIs. APIs are richly documented.
> We
> > can further discuss the integration details.
> >
> > I do believe this integration will positively add to feature set already
> > available in OFBiz and can become a major adoption factor.
> >
> > Here are the references,
> > Shopify developer introduction
> > <https://shopify.dev/concepts/shopify-introduction>
> > Shopify storefront API <https://shopify.dev/docs/storefront-api>
> >
> > Please, let me know your thoughts on this.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > --
> > Ritesh Kumar

Re: OFBiz-Shopify Integration

+1

just wonder about the REST and GraphQL part. GirishI know you have some knowledge about that. What do you think?

Jacques

Le 26/04/2020 à 17:29, Girish Vasmatkar a écrit :

> Hi Ritesh -
>
> This is certainly going to be a great initiative. +1
>
> Best,
> Girish
>

> On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 8:49 PM Suraj Khurana <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> +1 for creating a new plugin.
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Suraj Khurana
>> SENIOR TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
>> mobile: +91 9669750002
>> email: [hidden email]
>> *www.hotwax.co <http://www.hotwax.co/>*
>>

>> On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 10:00 AM Ritesh Kumar <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello team,
>>>
>>> Let me start by giving you heads up on Shopify.
>>>
>>> Shopify is a renowned eCommerce platform for building online retail
>>> businesses. A large number of businesses are moving to the world of
>> hosted
>>> eCommerce platforms and Shopify seems to be, if not the best, one of the
>>> best platforms available in the market today. Over a million merchants
>> use
>>> Shopify to run their businesses. They come in all sizes, from all around
>>> the world, and each one is different. One can easily set up a store and
>> go
>>> online.
>>>
>>> Owing to such a large user base, there could be many merchants interested
>>> in integrating their online sales with a powerful ERP system for the
>>> backend processes such as order fulfilment, accounting, customer service,
>>> etc.
>>>
>>> Shopify provides both REST and GraphQL APIs. APIs are richly documented.
>> We
>>> can further discuss the integration details.
>>>
>>> I do believe this integration will positively add to feature set already
>>> available in OFBiz and can become a major adoption factor.
>>>
>>> Here are the references,
>>> Shopify developer introduction
>>> <https://shopify.dev/concepts/shopify-introduction>
>>> Shopify storefront API <https://shopify.dev/docs/storefront-api>
>>>
>>> Please, let me know your thoughts on this.
>>>
>>> Best,

>>> Ritesh Kumar

Re: OFBiz-Shopify Integration

adityasharma
+1. Thanks for the initiative Ritesh!

Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Sharma

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 10:45 PM Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> just wonder about the REST and GraphQL part. GirishI know you have some
> knowledge about that. What do you think?
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 26/04/2020 à 17:29, Girish Vasmatkar a écrit :
> > Hi Ritesh -
> >
> > This is certainly going to be a great initiative. +1
> >
> > Best,
> > Girish
> >

> > On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 8:49 PM Suraj Khurana <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> +1 for creating a new plugin.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best Regards,
> >> Suraj Khurana
> >> SENIOR TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
> >> mobile: +91 9669750002
> >> email: [hidden email]
> >> *www.hotwax.co <http://www.hotwax.co/>*

> >> hosted
> the
> >> use
> around
> >> go

> interested
> service,

> documented.
> >> We

> already

Re: OFBiz-Shopify Integration

Pranay Pandey-3
+1

It would be a good addition.

Best regards,
Pranay Pandey

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello team,
>
> Let me start by giving you heads up on Shopify.
>
> Shopify is a renowned eCommerce platform for building online retail
> businesses. A large number of businesses are moving to the world of hosted
> eCommerce platforms and Shopify seems to be, if not the best, one of the
> best platforms available in the market today. Over a million merchants use
> Shopify to run their businesses. They come in all sizes, from all around
> the world, and each one is different. One can easily set up a store and go
> online.
>
> Owing to such a large user base, there could be many merchants interested
> in integrating their online sales with a powerful ERP system for the
> backend processes such as order fulfilment, accounting, customer service,
> etc.
>
> Shopify provides both REST and GraphQL APIs. APIs are richly documented. We
> can further discuss the integration details.
>
> I do believe this integration will positively add to feature set already
> available in OFBiz and can become a major adoption factor.
>
> Here are the references,
> Shopify developer introduction
> <https://shopify.dev/concepts/shopify-introduction>
> Shopify storefront API <https://shopify.dev/docs/storefront-api>
>
> Please, let me know your thoughts on this.
>
> Best,

> Ritesh Kumar

Re: OFBiz-Shopify Integration

Shikha Jaiswal
+1. This would definitely be a good addition to OFBiz.

Thanks for the initiative Ritesh.

Shikha Jaiswal
Senior Enterprise Software Engineer

Re: OFBiz-Shopify Integration

Devanshu Vyas-2
+1 to the initiative.

Thanks & Regards,
Devanshu Vyas.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 6:57 PM Shikha Jaiswal <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1. This would definitely be a good addition to OFBiz.
>
> Thanks for the initiative Ritesh.
>
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 2:51 PM Pranay Pandey <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > It would be a good addition.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Pranay Pandey
> >

> > On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 10:00 AM Ritesh Kumar <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello team,
> > >
> > > Let me start by giving you heads up on Shopify.
> > >
> > > Shopify is a renowned eCommerce platform for building online retail
> > > businesses. A large number of businesses are moving to the world of
> > hosted
> > > eCommerce platforms and Shopify seems to be, if not the best, one of
> the
> > > best platforms available in the market today. Over a million merchants
> > use
> > > Shopify to run their businesses. They come in all sizes, from all
> around
> > > the world, and each one is different. One can easily set up a store and
> > go
> > > online.
> > >
> > > Owing to such a large user base, there could be many merchants
> interested
> > > in integrating their online sales with a powerful ERP system for the
> > > backend processes such as order fulfilment, accounting, customer
> service,
> > > etc.
> > >
> > > Shopify provides both REST and GraphQL APIs. APIs are richly
> documented.
> > We
> > > can further discuss the integration details.
> > >
> > > I do believe this integration will positively add to feature set
> already
> > > available in OFBiz and can become a major adoption factor.
> > >
> > > Here are the references,
> > > Shopify developer introduction
> > > <https://shopify.dev/concepts/shopify-introduction>
> > > Shopify storefront API <https://shopify.dev/docs/storefront-api>
> > >
> > > Please, let me know your thoughts on this.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ritesh Kumar
> > >

> --
> Shikha Jaiswal
> Senior Enterprise Software Engineer

Re: OFBiz-Shopify Integration

Pierre Smits-3
+1 for the initiative. I welcome any plugin that complements the feature
set of the OFBiz project.

Here is some background info on the market share of the shoplift product:
https://www.websitetooltester.com/en/blog/shopify-market-share/

Met vriendelijke groet,

Pierre Smits
*Proud* *contributor** of* Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org/> since
2008 (without privileges)

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 7:51 AM Devanshu Vyas <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1 to the initiative.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Devanshu Vyas.
>

> On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 6:57 PM Shikha Jaiswal <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1. This would definitely be a good addition to OFBiz.
> >
> > Thanks for the initiative Ritesh.
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 2:51 PM Pranay Pandey <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > +1
> > >
> > > It would be a good addition.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Pranay Pandey

> > > hosted
> > the
> merchants
> > > use
> > around
> and
> > > go

> > interested
> > service,

> > documented.
> > > We

> > already

> > --
> > Shikha Jaiswal
> > Senior Enterprise Software Engineer

Re: OFBiz-Shopify Integration

Ritesh Kumar
Having received such a good response, We have created a ticket for the
same. Do refer to OFBIZ-11679
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-11679>. We will add design
details in the ticket and create child tickets to divide this effort into
smaller subtasks.

Thank you, everyone, for your inputs.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 11:49 AM Pierre Smits <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1 for the initiative. I welcome any plugin that complements the feature
> set of the OFBiz project.
>
> Here is some background info on the market share of the shoplift product:
> https://www.websitetooltester.com/en/blog/shopify-market-share/
>

> Met vriendelijke groet,
>
> Pierre Smits
> *Proud* *contributor** of* Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org/> since
> 2008 (without privileges)
>
> *Apache Trafodion <https://trafodion.apache.org>, Vice President*
> *Apache Directory <https://directory.apache.org>, PMC Member*
> Apache Incubator <https://incubator.apache.org>, committer
> Apache Steve <https://steve.apache.org>, committer
>

> On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 7:51 AM Devanshu Vyas <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1 to the initiative.
> >
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Devanshu Vyas.
> >

> > On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 6:57 PM Shikha Jaiswal <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > +1. This would definitely be a good addition to OFBiz.
> > >
> > > Thanks for the initiative Ritesh.

> of
> > > the
> > merchants
> > > around
> > and

> > > interested
> the
> > > service,

> > > documented.

> > > already

> > > --
> > > Shikha Jaiswal
> > > Senior Enterprise Software Engineer

--
Ritesh Kumar
Senior Enterprise Software Engineer
*HotWax Systems*
*Enterprise open source experts*
cell: +91-78696-96004
office: 0731-409-3684
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: OFBiz-Shopify Integration

Pranay Pandey-3
Hello Ritesh, Shikha, Suraj

Thanks for this initiative. Recently we have started webinars/discussions
on setting up OFBiz as Open Source Order Management System(OMS)[1] and [2].

This OFBiz - Shopify integration work is in-line with the thought process
being discussed there. I would like to propose a Webinar/Discussion series
on this integration with you.
In this series, we can discuss the requirements, challenges, and approaches
to integration.

1. https://markmail.org/message/sfzilj4xtx65oopc
2. https://markmail.org/message/3zpdjnqnsj7gxcf6

What do you think about it?

Best regards,
Pranay Pande

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 12:42 PM Ritesh Kumar <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Having received such a good response, We have created a ticket for the
> same. Do refer to OFBIZ-11679
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-11679>. We will add design
> details in the ticket and create child tickets to divide this effort into
> smaller subtasks.
>
> Thank you, everyone, for your inputs.
>
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 11:49 AM Pierre Smits <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1 for the initiative. I welcome any plugin that complements the feature
> > set of the OFBiz project.
> >
> > Here is some background info on the market share of the shoplift product:
> > https://www.websitetooltester.com/en/blog/shopify-market-share/
> >

> > Met vriendelijke groet,
> >
> > Pierre Smits
> > *Proud* *contributor** of* Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org/>
> since
> > 2008 (without privileges)
> >
> > *Apache Trafodion <https://trafodion.apache.org>, Vice President*
> > *Apache Directory <https://directory.apache.org>, PMC Member*
> > Apache Incubator <https://incubator.apache.org>, committer
> > Apache Steve <https://steve.apache.org>, committer
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 7:51 AM Devanshu Vyas <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1 to the initiative.
> > >
> > > Thanks & Regards,
> > > Devanshu Vyas.