[OFBiz] Users - Accounting

David Garrett
I am currently making changes to support VAT/GST for my required
implementation.

I will need these values to be correctly recorded in the accounting module.

I will definitely require the new accounting module soon.

Am I able to start with the "Standard" Accounting module and then upgrade to
the New module when I need to or are they really different applications?

My immediate interest is getting my new VAT/GST entries that I create to be
handled within the GL.

Thanks
David G

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Accounting

David E. Jones

David,

The new accounting extensions do handle allocation of sales tax and
ALL other order adjustments, and through configuration you can even
create new types of order adjustments and have them correspond to new
types of invoice items, which can then be configured to be allocated
to new or existing GlAccounts, and this can be configured by
organization as well.

You can start with the existing accounting stuff, and all of the data
model is there, but none of the code for posting GL transactions or
anything. These are written to be triggered in real time, though
something could be written (and probably needs to be written) to find
all invoices (or invoice items) that haven't been posted to the GL
and then post them and such. Right now with the normal sales cycle
with invoices and payments and such you can see everything be posted
and balance properly and all sorts of nice things...

BTW, there should be an announcement out soon about the accounting
extensions as they are now ready for beta testing and we are looking
for those who would like to participate in this and can help sponsor
the development that has happened.

-David J.