[OFBiz] Users - Application for industry regulator ...

[OFBiz] Users - Application for industry regulator ...

Ian Gilbert
I am trying to work out how to restrict access to the site based on
'subscriptions' that users have taken out.  I guess this would work by
identifying a 'product' (subscription) that people have purchased and
granting permission to the pertinent parts of the catalog based on this.
I was wondering if this is how the access to the Ofbiz documentation in
the Undersun site is controlled?  Is this the right way to think about
this?

Thanks and very best wishes

Ian Gilbert

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Application for industry regulator ...

David E. Jones

Ian,

One nice feature for this might be the require customer role option
on a product store. If that is set to Y then no one can login to the
ecommerce application for the ProductStore unless they are associated
with it (ProductStoreRole) in the CUSTOMER role. Along with this a
good idea is to change the controller.xml file for that webapp so
that all requests require authentication (perhaps a webapp that is
not the main ecommerce webapp, just copy over the controller.xml and
web.xml and you have a new webapp that uses everything from the other).

The Undersun doc subscriptions are actually controlled by a service
that is in the main OFBiz code base. You can find the ECA rule for it
pretty easily in the secas.xml file in the order component.

-David