[OFBiz] Users - Batch XML Import

Fred Forester-2
Batch XML Import

Hi All,

Is it possible to run xml import via the command line?

Thanx
Fred Forester

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Batch XML Import

T E Schmitz
Hello Fred,

Fred Forester wrote:

> Is it possible to run xml import via the command line?

I am needing to do the same thing. I have an idea how this can be
achieved although I am sure there must be a more elegant way:

I need to update the Product and ProductCategory data on a regular basis
and am intending to schedule an XML batch import every x hours.

- add a new reader to framework/entity/config/entityengine.xml:
    <read-data reader-name="dynamic"/>

- associate XML file with new reader in
applications/ecommerce/ofbiz-component.xml:
     <entity-resource type="data" reader-name="dynamic" loader="main"
location="data/Product.xml"/>

- copy XML file into applications/ecommerce/data

- execute batch import:
    java -jar ofbiz.jar -install -readers=dynamic

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Batch XML Import

David E. Jones

I think this has been sent to the lists before, but it comes from a
comment in the EntityDataLoadContainer.java file. Here are all of the
arguments and some example for the install (data loader) process.

install arguments:
readers (none, all, seed, demo, ext, etc - configured in
entityengine.xml and associated via ofbiz-component.xml)
timeout (transaction timeout default 7200)
delegator (overrides the delegator name configured for the container)
group (overrides the entity group name configured for the container)
dir (imports all XML files in a directory)
file (import a specific XML file)

Example:
$ java -jar ofbiz.jar -install -readers=seed,demo,ext -timeout=7200 -
delegator=default -group=org.ofbiz
$ java -jar ofbiz.jar -install -file=/tmp/dataload.xml

-David

On Aug 18, 2005, at 8:42 AM, T E Schmitz wrote:

> Hello Fred,
>
> Fred Forester wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to run xml import via the command line?
>>

> I am needing to do the same thing. I have an idea how this can be
> achieved although I am sure there must be a more elegant way:
>
> I need to update the Product and ProductCategory data on a regular
> basis and am intending to schedule an XML batch import every x hours.
>
> - add a new reader to framework/entity/config/entityengine.xml:
>    <read-data reader-name="dynamic"/>
>
> - associate XML file with new reader in applications/ecommerce/
> ofbiz-component.xml:
>     <entity-resource type="data" reader-name="dynamic"
> loader="main" location="data/Product.xml"/>
>
> - copy XML file into applications/ecommerce/data
>
> - execute batch import:
>    java -jar ofbiz.jar -install -readers=dynamic
>

> Regards/Gruß,
>
> Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Batch XML Import

T E Schmitz
Hello David,

David E. Jones wrote:
> install arguments:
> readers (none, all, seed, demo, ext, etc - configured in
> entityengine.xml and associated via ofbiz-component.xml)
> timeout (transaction timeout default 7200)
> delegator (overrides the delegator name configured for the container)
> group (overrides the entity group name configured for the container)
> dir (imports all XML files in a directory)
> file (import a specific XML file)

This has really been very helpful! Thanks.

There's just one wee problem I am encountering with this periodical
external data import: I can't see a means of nulling out nullable
fields. For instance, product.description might have a value and should
get a new value of null through the import.

Any ideas?

On Aug 19, 2005, at 9:02 AM, T E Schmitz wrote:

> There's just one wee problem I am encountering with this periodical
> external data import: I can't see a means of nulling out nullable
> fields. For instance, product.description might have a value and
> should get a new value of null through the import.
>
> Any ideas?

It should do that when you use an empty attribute (ie
description=""). If it isn't doing that, let me know and I'll look
into it.

David E. Jones wrote:

> On Aug 19, 2005, at 9:02 AM, T E Schmitz wrote:
>
>> There's just one wee problem I am encountering with this periodical
>> external data import: I can't see a means of nulling out nullable
>> fields. For instance, product.description might have a value and
>> should get a new value of null through the import.
>
> It should do that when you use an empty attribute (ie  description="").

Nope. description="" is ignored and the field retains the old value.

I am using rev 5274.

--

Kind Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Batch XML Import

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Tarlika,

could you please create a Jira issue for this?
Thanks for your help,

Jacopo

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> could you please create a Jira issue for this?

Will do.
I filed a few issues this week - looks like I'm forever complaining ;-)

> T E Schmitz wrote:
>
>> David E. Jones wrote:

>>> It should do that when you use an empty attribute (ie  description="").
>>

>> Nope. description="" is ignored and the field retains the old value.

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Batch XML Import

Jacopo Cappellato
Issue reporting is very important, so thanks for all your help!

Jacopo