[OFBiz] Users - CISP / PCI Compliance

NoMojoMofo
Anyone know if Open for Commerce is up to snuff with
CISP / PCI Compliance?

Re: [OFBiz] Users - CISP / PCI Compliance

Si Chen-2
You mean "Open For Business"?

If you're asking about encrypting customer credit cards, it does that.

Erik Earle wrote:

>Anyone know if Open for Commerce is up to snuff with
>CISP / PCI Compliance?

Re: [OFBiz] Users - CISP / PCI Compliance

NoMojoMofo
There is alot more to it than that.

http://usa.visa.com/business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/cisp.html

--- Si Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You mean "Open For Business"?
>
> If you're asking about encrypting customer credit
> cards, it does that.
>
> Erik Earle wrote:
>
> >Anyone know if Open for Commerce is up to snuff
> with
> >CISP / PCI Compliance?

Re: [OFBiz] Users - CISP / PCI Compliance

Si Chen-2
I've read this before, but just to be sure, I read this again:
http://usa.visa.com/download/business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/cisp_PCI_Data_Security_Standard.pdf?it=il|/business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/cisp.html|PCI%20Data%20Security%20Standard

Except for the protection of customer data by encryption, everything
else seems to be related to your particular management practices:
install a firewall, run antivirus programs, have an information security
policy in place.

So what else falls upon an application like OFBiz, in your opinion?

Si

Erik Earle wrote:

>There is alot more to it than that.
>
>http://usa.visa.com/business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/cisp.html
>

>--- Si Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>You mean "Open For Business"?
>>
>>If you're asking about encrypting customer credit
>>cards, it does that.
>>
>>Erik Earle wrote:
>>

>>>Anyone know if Open for Commerce is up to snuff
>>>

>>with
>>

>>>CISP / PCI Compliance?

Re: [OFBiz] Users - CISP / PCI Compliance

NoMojoMofo
Yes, I agree that most of it is policy, but there are
some issues around administrative accounts and
password policies that would relate to ofbiz parties.

I guess it's up to the integrator of OFBiz to
implement policies.

--- Si Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've read this before, but just to be sure, I read
> this again:

http://usa.visa.com/download/business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/cisp_PCI_Data_Security_Standard.pdf?it=il|/business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/cisp.html|PCI%20Data%20Security%20Standard

> Except for the protection of customer data by
> encryption, everything
> else seems to be related to your particular
> management practices:
> install a firewall, run antivirus programs, have an
> information security
> policy in place.
>
> So what else falls upon an application like OFBiz,
> in your opinion?
>
> Si
>
> Erik Earle wrote:
>
> >There is alot more to it than that.
> >

>http://usa.visa.com/business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/cisp.html
> >

> >--- Si Chen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >

> >>You mean "Open For Business"?
> >>
> >>If you're asking about encrypting customer credit
> >>cards, it does that.

> >>with

Re: [OFBiz] Users - CISP / PCI Compliance

Si Chen-2
You can pretty much configure them however you want.  The security model
is very sophisticated and should not be a problem.

Erik Earle wrote:

>Yes, I agree that most of it is policy, but there are
>some issues around administrative accounts and
>password policies that would relate to ofbiz parties.
>
>I guess it's up to the integrator of OFBiz to
>implement policies.
>
>--- Si Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>I've read this before, but just to be sure, I read
>>this again:
>>

>http://usa.visa.com/download/business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/cisp_PCI_Data_Security_Standard.pdf?it=il|/business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/cisp.html|PCI%20Data%20Security%20Standard
>

>>Except for the protection of customer data by
>>encryption, everything
>>else seems to be related to your particular
>>management practices:
>>install a firewall, run antivirus programs, have an
>>information security
>>policy in place.
>>
>>So what else falls upon an application like OFBiz,
>>in your opinion?
>>
>>Si
>>
>>Erik Earle wrote:
>>

>>>There is alot more to it than that.
>>>

>>http://usa.visa.com/business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/cisp.html
>>

>>>--- Si Chen <[hidden email]>

>>>__________________________________
>>>Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in
>>>

>>one click.
>>

>>>http://farechase.yahoo.com

Re: [OFBiz] Users - CISP / PCI Compliance

David E. Jones

We have gone through this with a couple of clients already and OFBiz
is sufficient for the requirements (like encrypting stored data with
the Entity Engine and encrypting remote communications with the
Service Engine, and those are used with the CC and related stuff,
also we don't store PVV/CVV/CVC2 values), but like Si is saying it
all depends on how you use it.

Many of the requirements there are corporate policy and things that
the system cannot enforce, and the integrator can't enforce them
either. For example the one account per person for all system
interactions requirement is something that company employees have to
keep up with all the time. It means they only ever use their own
account and they never share passwords and such. OFBiz has sufficient
functionality to avoid users having to give their passwords to IT or
admin folks over the phone and such, and that is important, as are
many other things.

-David

On Nov 22, 2005, at 1:39 PM, Si Chen wrote:

> You can pretty much configure them however you want.  The security
> model is very sophisticated and should not be a problem.
>
> Erik Earle wrote:
>
>> Yes, I agree that most of it is policy, but there are
>> some issues around administrative accounts and
>> password policies that would relate to ofbiz parties.
>>
>> I guess it's up to the integrator of OFBiz to
>> implement policies.
>>
>> --- Si Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> I've read this before, but just to be sure, I read
>>> this again:
>>>

>> http://usa.visa.com/download/business/accepting_visa/
>> ops_risk_management/cisp_PCI_Data_Security_Standard.pdf?it=il|/
>> business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/cisp.html|PCI%20Data%
>> 20Security%20Standard
>>
>>> Except for the protection of customer data by
>>> encryption, everything else seems to be related to your particular
>>> management practices: install a firewall, run antivirus programs,
>>> have an
>>> information security policy in place.
>>>
>>> So what else falls upon an application like OFBiz,
>>> in your opinion?
>>>
>>> Si

>>> http://usa.visa.com/business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/
>>> cisp.html

[OFBiz] Users - HSQL link to OFBiz

Why not posting a link to http://hsqldb.org/web/hsqlUsing.html ? They reference
Jira which itself uses OFBiz Entity Engine, so...

Re: [OFBiz] Users - CISP / PCI Compliance

Brett
A few months ago we went through a CISP internal audit and were able
to meet the requirements for CISP with our ofbiz applications.  Most
of the changes for us were process  related but we also leveraged the
ofbiz security/permissions model to meet some of the requirements.

Brett

On 11/22/05, David E. Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We have gone through this with a couple of clients already and OFBiz
> is sufficient for the requirements (like encrypting stored data with
> the Entity Engine and encrypting remote communications with the
> Service Engine, and those are used with the CC and related stuff,
> also we don't store PVV/CVV/CVC2 values), but like Si is saying it
> all depends on how you use it.
>
> Many of the requirements there are corporate policy and things that
> the system cannot enforce, and the integrator can't enforce them
> either. For example the one account per person for all system
> interactions requirement is something that company employees have to
> keep up with all the time. It means they only ever use their own
> account and they never share passwords and such. OFBiz has sufficient
> functionality to avoid users having to give their passwords to IT or
> admin folks over the phone and such, and that is important, as are
> many other things.
>
> -David
>

> On Nov 22, 2005, at 1:39 PM, Si Chen wrote:
>
> > You can pretty much configure them however you want.  The security
> > model is very sophisticated and should not be a problem.
> >
> > Erik Earle wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, I agree that most of it is policy, but there are
> >> some issues around administrative accounts and
> >> password policies that would relate to ofbiz parties.
> >>
> >> I guess it's up to the integrator of OFBiz to
> >> implement policies.

> >> http://usa.visa.com/download/business/accepting_visa/
> >> ops_risk_management/cisp_PCI_Data_Security_Standard.pdf?it=il|/
> >> business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/cisp.html|PCI%20Data%
> >> 20Security%20Standard

Re: [OFBiz] Users - CISP / PCI Compliance

NoMojoMofo
If you don't mind my asking, what was the work effort
to be able to meet the requirements.

--- Brett Palmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A few months ago we went through a CISP internal
> audit and were able
> to meet the requirements for CISP with our ofbiz
> applications.  Most
> of the changes for us were process  related but we
> also leveraged the
> ofbiz security/permissions model to meet some of the
> requirements.
>
> Brett
>
> On 11/22/05, David E. Jones <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > We have gone through this with a couple of clients
> already and OFBiz
> > is sufficient for the requirements (like
> encrypting stored data with
> > the Entity Engine and encrypting remote
> communications with the
> > Service Engine, and those are used with the CC and
> related stuff,
> > also we don't store PVV/CVV/CVC2 values), but like
> Si is saying it
> > all depends on how you use it.
> >
> > Many of the requirements there are corporate
> policy and things that
> > the system cannot enforce, and the integrator
> can't enforce them
> > either. For example the one account per person for
> all system
> > interactions requirement is something that company
> employees have to
> > keep up with all the time. It means they only ever
> use their own
> > account and they never share passwords and such.
> OFBiz has sufficient
> > functionality to avoid users having to give their
> passwords to IT or
> > admin folks over the phone and such, and that is
> important, as are
> > many other things.
> >
> > -David
> >

> > On Nov 22, 2005, at 1:39 PM, Si Chen wrote:
> >
> > > You can pretty much configure them however you
> want.  The security
> > > model is very sophisticated and should not be a
> problem.

> there are
> parties.

> read

http://usa.visa.com/download/business/accepting_visa/

ops_risk_management/cisp_PCI_Data_Security_Standard.pdf?it=il|/

business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/cisp.html|PCI%20Data%

> related to your particular
> antivirus programs,

> OFBiz,

http://usa.visa.com/business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/

> credit

> snuff

> FareChase: Search

> > > [hidden email]

=== message truncated ===

Re: [OFBiz] Users - CISP / PCI Compliance

Brett
Most of the work was documenting and auditing processes.  There were
also some IT related tasks that we needed to comply with CISP that
didn't involve ofbiz.

Its hard to say what the total work effort was because we were doing
our regular development tasks at the same time.  In total I would
guess it took a few of us a couple of months to comply with the CISP
specific tasks.

Brett