[OFBiz] Users - Displaying ? sign instead of EUR

[OFBiz] Users - Displaying ? sign instead of EUR

Manuel Meyer

Hello all,

I am trying to display prices using the € sign instead of the EUR iso code.

I took a look at the ofbizCurrency routine but could not figure out how to display it.

Does anyone know how to achieve that ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Manuel

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Displaying ? sign instead of EUR

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Manuel,

I think this is caused by the way the NumberFormat class is implemented
in JDK...
If you are interested I can send you a patch to make the Euro symbol
appears when using the ofbizCurrency transform: it essentially replaces
the standard NumberFormat class with that provided by IBM in ICU
(http://icu.sourceforge.net/userguide/formatNumbers.html)

Jacopo

Manuel Meyer wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I am trying to display prices using the € sign instead of the EUR iso code.
>
> I took a look at the ofbizCurrency routine but could not figure out how
> to display it.
>

> Does anyone know how to achieve that ?
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Best regards,
>
> Manuel

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Displaying ? sign instead of EUR

Thanks Jacopo,

I'am interested by this patch, maybe you can create an entry in Jira even if
this patch will never be commited. So interested people (europeans living in
euroland at least) Could try and use it if needed.

Jacques

> I think this is caused by the way the NumberFormat class is implemented
> in JDK...
> If you are interested I can send you a patch to make the Euro symbol
> appears when using the ofbizCurrency transform: it essentially replaces
> the standard NumberFormat class with that provided by IBM in ICU
> (http://icu.sourceforge.net/userguide/formatNumbers.html)
>
> Jacopo
>
> Manuel Meyer wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >

> > I am trying to display prices using the € sign instead of the EUR iso
code.

> > I took a look at the ofbizCurrency routine but could not figure out how
> > to display it.
> >

> > Does anyone know how to achieve that ?
> >

> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Manuel

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Displaying ? sign instead of EUR

Jacopo Cappellato
Jacques, Manuel,

the patch is now in Jira:

http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-390

However it will be probably committed to SVN soon.

Jacopo