[OFBiz] Users - Error when sending mail from ecommerce

[OFBiz] Users - Error when sending mail from ecommerce

firas-3
Hello,

When requesting "Email Password" from the Login page I get the following
error:

/*==================== AN_EXCERPT_FROM_MY_LOG ==================== */

350063[     RequestHandler.java:208:INFO ] [Processing Request]:
forgotpassword
352326[     ServiceEcaRule.java:118:INFO ] Got false for condition:
[null][][partyId][is-not-empty][null][][true][String][]
352326[  ServiceDispatcher.java:447:DEBUG] [[Sync service finished-
total:1.903,since last(Begin):1.903]] - 'ecommerce / sendMail'
352326[       ModelService.java:401:ERROR] [ModelService.validate] :
{sendGenericNotificationEmail} : (OUT) Required test error:
org.ofbiz.service.ServiceValidationException:
        Unknown parameter found: body
        Unknown parameter found: partyId
        Unknown parameter found: subject
352336[  ServiceDispatcher.java:366:ERROR]

[OFBiz] Users - Re: Users - Error when sending mail from ecommerce

Souvik Saha Bhowmik
Hi,
I don't know how much of help u'd get from me. However as I don't have
an SMTP server at present  I could not test the entire scenario. I
hope u have made the proper entries in general.properties file present
in <OFBIZ_HOME>\framework\common\config. You need to specify the SMTP
server and its username and password in the properties file. Also set
mail.notifications.enabled prperty to Y. This is checked in the
sendMail service which is callded from the sendNotification service
which is eventually called on clicking the "email password" link.
However I had checked the sendMail service earlier from my own
application. It was working fine with all the values in properties
file set properly. If these things doesn't work you need to check out
the java services available in the Content application for email
present in <OFBIZ_HOME>\applications\content\src\org\ofbiz\content\email.
>From your error smessages it appears that some fields are sent as IN
parameters to the service which are not present in the service
definition. But I see that alll except partyId are defned as IN
parameters in the service invioked. In that case there may be a bug
which u have to check thoroughly in the services. I can assure you
that the send mail service doesn't have a bug.
For your ease I am giving u the sequence in which the services are
invoked from one another
forgotPassword(LoginEvents)->emailPassword(LoginEvents)->sendGenericNotificationEmail(present
in content application in NotificationService)->sendMail

the service definition of sendGenericNotificationEmail is bit
complicated. It implements many interfaces which have many compulsory
and optional IN and OUT paramaeters. You can check these.