[OFBiz] Users - Exceeding 100 database connections in production

[OFBiz] Users - Exceeding 100 database connections in production

Brett
This is a question about the ofbiz transaction manager (JOTM).  We
have a custom application based on ofbiz that recently has been eating
up a lot of connections on our postgres database.  The ofbiz code base
has not changed for several weeks, so the problem is probably due to
user access changes.

Here are some specific questions:

1. When does JOTM release a database connection?  Under high load the
database connections ramp to the maximum (100) and then they are never
released.

2. Does JOTM test for bad connections and then release the connection
to get another one?  For example, if the database goes down and all
connections are closed will JOTM reestablish these connections?

3. Has anyone tried using the JOnAS Administration (jonasadmin) web tool?

I would be interested in hearing from anyone that is using postgres
and how many database connections they use in a production
environment.

Thanks,

Brett