[OFBiz] Users - Helmut,

Helmut Eggebert
forcing a specific https host for each web site
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:25:42 +0000

Hi,

Thank you for your quick responses.

>Changing these fields causes the app server to bind to the new address /
>port.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean here.  It seems that this
type of thing is done in, for example,
applications/ecommerce/ofbiz-component.xml, where you could specify
something like this:

    <webapp name="ecommerce2"
        title="ECommerce1"
        server="default-server"
        location="webapp/ecommerce2"
        mount-point="/store"
        app-bar-display="false">
        <virtual-host host-name="www.foo2.com"/>
    </webapp>
    <webapp name="ecommerce2ssl"
        title="ECommerce2ssl"
        server="default-server"
        location="webapp/ecommerce2"
        mount-point="/store"
        app-bar-display="false">
        <virtual-host host-name="foo2.securedomain.com"/>
    </webapp>

However, my problem is that when, in the above example, a user goes to
http://www.foo2.com/store and clicks on the login link the url is not
https://www.foo2.com/store/control/checkLogin/login but
https://foo2.securedomain.com/store/control/checkLogin/login

Assuming that the "Https Host" or "Https Port" on the Content Manager ->
Edit Web
Site form are totally irrelevant to accomplishing my goal, how do I get
these links to substitute the current host for a new host when switching to
https and back to the original host when switching back?

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Helmut,

Andrew Sykes
Helmut,

I think you may be confusing two different things the config file you
mention is for specifying mount points not for changing hosts and ports.

I believe you are on the right track changing the config in the content
manager. If you were using the app server in free standing mode (not
connected to Apache) this would work fine. But as you have Apache hard
coded to specific hosts and ports I don't think the content manager can
have any effect over these. I haven't actually done this, but I would
imagine you have to update your Apache config to match the settings in
the content manager.
--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd