[OFBiz] Users - Help !!!!!

anuradha devi
Hi I get the following error message when i try to run
multiple instances of Ofbiz.

 OFBIZ_HOME to - /home/clubsys/OFBbackup/ofbiz
Exception in thread "main" java.net.BindException:
Address already in use
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native
Method)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:331)
        at
java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:318)
        at
java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:185)
        at
org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.initListenerThread(Start.java:160)
        at
org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.init(Start.java:93)
        at
org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.main(Start.java:412)

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Help !!!!!

Andrew Sykes
Anuradha,

You're getting a bind exception because you're trying to "bind" to and
address/port that's already in use. If you are running 2 copies of
OFBiz, chances are the first one is already using these resources.

To avoid this, you need to either setup a second ip on your box, or bind
all the services to alternative ports in the second instance (this
includes http/https/rmi/beanshell stuff).

People often try to just run a second server rather than figure our how
to do what they're trying to do within a single server.

Perhaps it would be a more useful learning curve for you to consider
integrating all your apps into a single OFBiz rather wasting all those
resources by running two.

Kind Regards
--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Help !!!!!

David E. Jones

OR.... just read the documentation in the Basic Production Setup
Guide and it tells you where to change all of the ports.

-David