[OFBiz] Users - LookUp error

Hao Jiang-4
Hello

I have a page with 2 user fields (To_User and From_User) both using
LookUpPartyname to retrieve partyID. Now every time after the first
partyId has been inserted, the second LookUpPartyName window always
insert(modify) the id to the first field, it doesn't matter which one
goes first.

It was fine a couple of days before, I believe.

I ran svn st and it seemed OK, only those files I wrote and I know I did
some changes.

Also I ran Clean All then build the project

Hao

Re: [OFBiz] Users - LookUp error

Hao Jiang-4
No one cares about this?

I downloaded a fresh copy of ofbiz, built and ran it,

just click on Accounting/agreements, at FindAgreement page, when you
first selected a productId, then select partyId using LookUpPartyName,
the partyId will go to the productId field.

Hao

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 14:34 -0600, Hao Jiang wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a page with 2 user fields (To_User and From_User) both using
> LookUpPartyname to retrieve partyID. Now every time after the first
> partyId has been inserted, the second LookUpPartyName window always
> insert(modify) the id to the first field, it doesn't matter which one
> goes first.
>
> It was fine a couple of days before, I believe.
>
> I ran svn st and it seemed OK, only those files I wrote and I know I did
> some changes.
>
> Also I ran Clean All then build the project
>
> Hao

Re: [OFBiz] Users - LookUp error

David E. Jones

Hao,

I don't know why others didn't respond to it, but I didn't respond to
it because it sounded like you were describing something in your
custom code, and I had not seen it in the main OFBiz code base.

So, thanks for sending over a specific place where this is happening
in the main code base. I have verified it there and that it is
happening in other places as well.

There were some extensions done to the fieldlookup.js and related
stuff a little while back and something in those changes appears to
have messed up the JavaScript. So far I have only briefly read
through this and I wasn't involved in writing any of it, but it is
now affecting some other stuff I am working on so I'll look into it,
and probably get the author involved too, though I think he is
traveling today.

-David

On Oct 3, 2005, at 3:55 PM, Hao Jiang wrote:

> No one cares about this?
>
> I downloaded a fresh copy of ofbiz, built and ran it,
>
> just click on Accounting/agreements, at FindAgreement page, when you
> first selected a productId, then select partyId using LookUpPartyName,
> the partyId will go to the productId field.
>
> Hao
>
> On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 14:34 -0600, Hao Jiang wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I have a page with 2 user fields (To_User and From_User) both using
>> LookUpPartyname to retrieve partyID. Now every time after the first
>> partyId has been inserted, the second LookUpPartyName window always
>> insert(modify) the id to the first field, it doesn't matter which one
>> goes first.
>>
>> It was fine a couple of days before, I believe.
>>
>> I ran svn st and it seemed OK, only those files I wrote and I know
>> I did
>> some changes.
>>
>> Also I ran Clean All then build the project
>>
>> Hao

Re: [OFBiz] Users - LookUp error

byersa
Yes,
I just got back in today and am catching up on the email. I recently
made a change to fieldlookup.js, but I don't see how the problem wasn't
always there.

I had an overly complicated scheme for storing the destination of
targets for pasted back values. I simplified it and it seems to work
okay.

Thanks for finding this Hao.

-Al