[OFBiz] Users - Multiple pages in customer profile

[OFBiz] Users - Multiple pages in customer profile

cjhowe
That is the easiest way.  Consider this though.
Depending on how important you as a vendor are to the
customer  and how it is the purchasing agent agregates
orders (ie does each branch make their "ABC, Inc
order" or do they requisition specefic items and the
purchasing agent sorts out the vendor? you may be able
to position your company into their administrative
process (which makes it harder for them to get rid of
you) by having each branch manager place an order
against their account and allow for the purchasing
agent to approve/edit the order before it becomes
their purchase order.

If you were able to convince them of this strategy the
branches would be able track their orders directly
through your site as opposed to hunting down the
purchasing agent to get the tracking info from you and
then him relay it to the branch or worse having the
purchasing agent allow other people to access his
login.  You would also know order specifics before the
purchasing agent has placed the firm order.  It also
makes it easier to create reports for your customer
based on branches or regions using party groups.  I've
hacked this implementation into my custom ecommerce
app if you're interested in an idea on how to
implement it.  I've been trying to find the time to
genericize it into the wholesale app.

----David wrote:

This sounds like it is just a need for a user
interface
customization. Using a drop-down instead of the longer
form with
radio buttons would be just fine and sounds like it
would work well
for your situation. That should be a pretty easy
template change.

-David

On Sep 28, 2005, at 5:16 PM, Sam wrote:

> They are all different company branches with one
central purchasing
> agent. Our current ecommerce application displays
the shipto's
> description in a drop down list.
>
> You are correct on the B2C part. We have recently
added many B2C
> functions and we are now trying to get the cosmetic
portion
> complete. I purchased the documentation but I have
not had a chance
> to read it all.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> -Sam
>
> Chris Howe wrote:
>> I would imagine this is more of a B2B functionality
than an
>> Ecommerce B2C situation. This could be handled a
number of ways
>> based on what these addresses actually are. Are
they "Drop Ship"
>> locations or are they branches? Is this customer
the one who's
------Sam wrote:
>> Does anyone have a tutorial on recordset paging
(entity lists? not
>> sure of the proper term is) in OfBiz? We have a
customer that has
>> over 75 ship-to addresses and I'm afraid the
ecommerce profile and
>> checkout pages will be an annoyance. Thank you in
advance, Sam

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Multiple pages in customer profile

Sam-12
I will attempt to make the template changes for the multiple shipto's.

The approval process is exactly what I'm attempting to do. If you are able to share your changes I would greatly appreciate it.

I have a crude version of this already using a link to  "changeOrderItemStatus", a custom security group and <#if security.hasEntityPermission("ORDERMGR", "_UPDATE", session)> on the orderhistory page, but I'm not sure if this is secure.

Thanks again,

-Sam

Users at lists.ofbiz.org