[OFBiz] Users - OFBIZ 300 and stand alone Tomcat559 -- It almost works !

[OFBiz] Users - OFBIZ 300 and stand alone Tomcat559 -- It almost works !

Fladd !!!
Andrew,
the only reason i can't use this solution: ofbiz would be a part of that system,
and i think it is not correct to use for parent application embeded tomcat of
child application...

PS
Couple hours ago i have finished integration and now IT REALLY WORKS 8D !!

Re: [OFBiz] Users - OFBIZ 300 and stand alone Tomcat559 -- It almost works !

Andrew Sykes
Fladd,

That's an interesting point, but is it really the case that OFBiz is a
parent or child, isn't this just a matter of perspective?

You could still mount other applications in tomcat in the normal way...

The reason I suggested it is that I can imagine you'll have a real
headache when you what to upgrade OFBiz, you might find yourself having
to spend as much time again! that can't be good.

Of course, I've never actually tried to do this (for the assumed reasons
above), so perhaps having been there and done that you now know better.

It's an interesting project though...

Kind Regards
--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd

[OFBiz] Users - Entity Engine Performance

Andrew Sykes
Hi folks,

Maybe this is a stupid question based on far to many consecutive hours
of OFBizing, so bear with me...

I'm working on a table with zillions of records, I want to work through
the whole set, but they don't all fit in memory at once.

I thought the EntityListIterator.getPartialList() did this, but it
appears that this actually pulls back all records first.

Someone point me in the right direction please.

Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Entity Engine Performance

David E. Jones

EntityListIterator.getPartialList() or calling EntityListIterator.next
() over and over does actually do this.

You didn't mention how you came to the conclusion that it is not
doing this, so I can only guess at what the problem is. However,
usually the problem is that the JDBC driver you are using does not
support or is not configured to use database cursors.

So... which JDBC driver and database are you using? Also, what is the
evidence that it is not paging over the results?

-David

On Nov 11, 2005, at 9:36 AM, Andrew Sykes wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Maybe this is a stupid question based on far to many consecutive hours
> of OFBizing, so bear with me...
>
> I'm working on a table with zillions of records, I want to work
> through
> the whole set, but they don't all fit in memory at once.
>
> I thought the EntityListIterator.getPartialList() did this, but it
> appears that this actually pulls back all records first.
>
> Someone point me in the right direction please.

> Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> Sykes Development Ltd

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Entity Engine Performance

Andrew Sykes
David,

False alarm.

My JDBC driver seemed to get mashed somehow.

I'll just put it down to XP, the sooner I get back to linux the
better :-)

Kind Regards
--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>