[OFBiz] Users - PROBLEM IN CONTROLLER.XML TAGS

[OFBiz] Users - PROBLEM IN CONTROLLER.XML TAGS

Souvik Saha Bhowmik
Hi
I am using the <after-login> and <before-logout> tags of the
Controller.xml to invokecertain events . But they are behaving in a
wierd manner. In certain systems these events are not invoked. Is
there any specific sequence in which these tags are to be organised in
controller.xml. Do thiese tags behave differently in different
environments. In certain Linux environments the events under these
tags are not invoked.
Any reason and solution regarding this issue would be of  great help
Souvik

Re: [OFBiz] Users - PROBLEM IN CONTROLLER.XML TAGS

David E. Jones

This is frustrating and I'm not sure what might be causing it. I
noticed something else that seems to only be happening on Linux, and
that is in the Party Manager for a person or group profile the Edit
Person or Edit Party Group pages have a form but somehow it leaves
out the partyId field in the form... It's very weird and after a
couple of hours I had to move on, and I haven't had time in the last
few days to get back to it, but it is an outstanding "weird" that may
be related... It's frustrating that moving from one platform to
another can mess things up like that... One thing I haven't checked
yet that might be messing things up is entries in the system Java
classpath environment variable.

-David

On Oct 26, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Souvik Saha Bhowmik wrote:

> Hi
> I am using the <after-login> and <before-logout> tags of the
> Controller.xml to invokecertain events . But they are behaving in a
> wierd manner. In certain systems these events are not invoked. Is
> there any specific sequence in which these tags are to be organised in
> controller.xml. Do thiese tags behave differently in different
> environments. In certain Linux environments the events under these
> tags are not invoked.
> Any reason and solution regarding this issue would be of  great help
> Souvik

[OFBiz] Users - Re: Users - PROBLEM IN CONTROLLER.XML TAGS

Souvik Saha Bhowmik
Hi David,
 I hope if I clarify the entire scenario You could find a solution.
We used the following tags in yhe following sequence in
Controller.xml.
Hi David

I think if I clarify the scenario You could find a solution. Here I am
sending a detail of my observations.

This is a section of the controller.xml that I am using

<handler name="fop" type="view"
class="org.ofbiz.webapp.view.FopPdfViewHandler"/>

<handler name="screenfop" type="view"
class="org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenFopPdfViewHandler"/>

<after-login>
                <event type="java"
path="com.club.domain.massmarket.InteractionHistory"
invoke="storeLoginInteraction"/>

</after-login>

<before-logout>
                <event type="java"
path="com.club.domain.massmarket.InteractionHistory"
invoke="storeLogoutInteraction"/>

</before-logout>

<!--request mappings-->
<!--security mappings-->

<request-map uri="checkLogin" edit="false">
                <description>Verify a user is logged in.</description>
                <security https="true" auth="false"/>
                <event type="java" path="org.ofbiz.securityext.login.LoginEvents"
invoke="checkLogin"/>
                <response name="success" type="view" value="main"/>
                <response name="error" type="view" value="signIn"/>
</request-map>

Under this scenario I had a thorough check over the log file and got
the following error message:

UtilXml.java:634:ERROR] XmlFileLoader: File
jndi:/0.0.0.0/massMarket/WEB-INF/controller.xml process error. Line:
20. Error message: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found
starting with element 'after-login'. One of '{"":handler,
"":firstvisit, "":preprocessor, "":postprocessor, "":request-map}' is
expected.

If I slightly change the scenario and introduce the <pre-processor>
and <post-processor> tag The error log reduces to

UtilXml.java:634:ERROR] XmlFileLoader: File
jndi:/0.0.0.0/massMarket/WEB-INF/controller.xml process error. Line:
20. Error message: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found
starting with element 'after-login'. One of '{"":request-map}' is
expected.

This is becoming a show stopper issue. Please look into the matter
and let me know at your earliest.

Souvik

On 10/26/05, David E. Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is frustrating and I'm not sure what might be causing it. I
> noticed something else that seems to only be happening on Linux, and
> that is in the Party Manager for a person or group profile the Edit
> Person or Edit Party Group pages have a form but somehow it leaves
> out the partyId field in the form... It's very weird and after a
> couple of hours I had to move on, and I haven't had time in the last
> few days to get back to it, but it is an outstanding "weird" that may
> be related... It's frustrating that moving from one platform to
> another can mess things up like that... One thing I haven't checked
> yet that might be messing things up is entries in the system Java
> classpath environment variable.
>
> -David
>

> On Oct 26, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Souvik Saha Bhowmik wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I am using the <after-login> and <before-logout> tags of the
> > Controller.xml to invokecertain events . But they are behaving in a
> > wierd manner. In certain systems these events are not invoked. Is
> > there any specific sequence in which these tags are to be organised in
> > controller.xml. Do thiese tags behave differently in different
> > environments. In certain Linux environments the events under these
> > tags are not invoked.
> > Any reason and solution regarding this issue would be of  great help
> > Souvik

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: Users - PROBLEM IN CONTROLLER.XML TAGS

Andrew Sykes
Souvik,

This is probably irrelevant, but I had similar errors a while back when
I had some outdated namespace stuff in my XML.

Maybe you should look along those lines...

Kind Regards
--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: Users - PROBLEM IN CONTROLLER.XML TAGS

Those tags do need to be in a certain order to avoid schema
validation problems (which is what these are), though the parsing
should work fine whether they are in that order or not.

I don't think this is related to your Linux versus other OS problems....

If you want to fix these, the best thing to do is use a good XML
editor that is schema (XSD) aware and can validate your
controller.xml file. Then re-arrange things and fix stuff until it
validates correctly. This would be good to do anyway to help keep
your code clean, but again I would be really surprised if this had
anything to do with your previously mentioned issue.

-David