[OFBiz] Users - Plumtree - new open source project based on OFBiz

[OFBiz] Users - Plumtree - new open source project based on OFBiz

Si Chen-2
Hi everyone.

In case you haven't seen it already, take a look at:
http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=PlumtreeProject

We're starting a new OFBiz-based open source project called "Plumtree"
with Nate Reed and a few other developers in the Southern California
area.  The idea is to create a system that can track tasks, issues, and
work done for projects.  It would have a UI that's somewhat different
than OFBiz and integrate with calendaring applications, while at the
same time use the OFBiz framework, workflow, synchronization, and ERP
features.

This project will create a tool that all members of the OFBiz community
could use, especially those of us in consulting.  It would also open up
a new field of opportunity for OFBiz to break into the services
industries, which is a signifcant and increasing part of the software
market out there.  Like Ean said at  the St. Louis conference, the fact
that your organization is able to use the software you're selling gives
it significant credibility in marketing it as well.

Right now we're gathering feedback for features and planning out the
first release.  We'd love to hear your comments and suggestions and
(hopefully) get your help with it.

So, if you're interested in getting involved, please comment on the wiki
page and sign up for our mailing list:
http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=145670

Thanks!

Si

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Plumtree - new open source project based on OFBiz

Brett
Si,

I didn't see this project listed on Sourceforge.  Is the project
listed on a different open source portal?

Brett

On 8/12/05, Si Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> In case you haven't seen it already, take a look at:
> http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=PlumtreeProject
>
> We're starting a new OFBiz-based open source project called "Plumtree"
> with Nate Reed and a few other developers in the Southern California
> area.  The idea is to create a system that can track tasks, issues, and
> work done for projects.  It would have a UI that's somewhat different
> than OFBiz and integrate with calendaring applications, while at the
> same time use the OFBiz framework, workflow, synchronization, and ERP
> features.
>
> This project will create a tool that all members of the OFBiz community
> could use, especially those of us in consulting.  It would also open up
> a new field of opportunity for OFBiz to break into the services
> industries, which is a signifcant and increasing part of the software
> market out there.  Like Ean said at  the St. Louis conference, the fact
> that your organization is able to use the software you're selling gives
> it significant credibility in marketing it as well.
>
> Right now we're gathering feedback for features and planning out the
> first release.  We'd love to hear your comments and suggestions and
> (hopefully) get your help with it.
>
> So, if you're interested in getting involved, please comment on the wiki
> page and sign up for our mailing list:
> http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=145670
>
> Thanks!
>
> Si

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Plumtree - new open source project based on OFBiz

Si Chen-2
Sorry, Brett - I was just going to update a whole bunch of wiki pages.
We changed the name to "palmtree" and are moved it on sourceforge as well:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/palmtree

Si