[OFBiz] Users - PostgreSQL 8.0 - fail to do the initial tables creation

[OFBiz] Users - PostgreSQL 8.0 - fail to do the initial tables creation

Stephane Schitter
Hello,

I have a strange issue with OFBiz from SVN and PostgreSQL 8.0.3. Not sure if
older versions of OFbiz exhibited the problem as I had not tried PostgreSQL
before, but the latest SVN version does this to me:

When I start with an empty database, the entityengine.xml is configured to
create the tables if not present.

The creation of the tables takes actually place (I can see it in the
console.log, as well as in my database -- the tables are there). However once
all tables have been created, foreign keys, etc..., the software seems to loop
over and starts again doing a  : Delegator "default" initializing helper
"localpostgres" for entity group "org.ofbiz".

And it then keeps looping on this Delegator "default" initializing helper stuff
over and over again.

I tried using different jdbc driver with no luck (same behaviour).

Is this a know issue ?

Stephane

Re: [OFBiz] Users - PostgreSQL 8.0 - fail to do the initial tables creation

Stephane Schitter
I have just tried using MySQL 4.0.24 as a workaround (as I would like to use a
database engine, not the default "derby").

And to my surprise, it exhibits the exact same problem ! Creates the
tables and
then loops on trying to initialize the default delegator over and over
again...

Stephane

Quoting Stephane Schitter <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> I have a strange issue with OFBiz from SVN and PostgreSQL 8.0.3. Not sure if
> older versions of OFbiz exhibited the problem as I had not tried PostgreSQL
> before, but the latest SVN version does this to me:
>
> When I start with an empty database, the entityengine.xml is configured to
> create the tables if not present.
>
> The creation of the tables takes actually place (I can see it in the
> console.log, as well as in my database -- the tables are there). However once
> all tables have been created, foreign keys, etc..., the software
> seems to loop
> over and starts again doing a  : Delegator "default" initializing helper
> "localpostgres" for entity group "org.ofbiz".
>
> And it then keeps looping on this Delegator "default" initializing
> helper stuff
> over and over again.
>
> I tried using different jdbc driver with no luck (same behaviour).
>
> Is this a know issue ?
>
> Stephane

Re: [OFBiz] Users - PostgreSQL 8.0 - fail to do the initial tables creation

David E. Jones

This is a known issue, see the Jira issue #OFBIZ-443

Hopefully I'll be finished at least _reading_ my email for the day in
another hour or so and I can start working on that... ;)

-David