[OFBiz] Users - Problem starting or reseeding ofbiz - java.net.BindException: Address already in use

[OFBiz] Users - Problem starting or reseeding ofbiz - java.net.BindException: Address already in use

Riessen Kinghorne
hen I attempt to run java -jar ofbiz.jar I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.net.BindException: Address already in
use
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:359)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:319)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:185)
        at
org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.startListenerThread(Start.java:73)
        at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.startServer(Start.java:161)
        at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.start(Start.java:227)
        at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.main(Start.java:287)

The server configuration is:
 ofbiz - http port:8090 https:8553 ajp13:8119
      This was set in base/config/ofbiz-containers.xml and
                     components/content/config/url.properties

A standalone tomcat - http port:8080 https:8443 ajp13:8009
   (This tomcat is stopped at the moment)

An embedded tomcat(Desknow)- http port:80 https:553 ajp13:8019

Does anyone know what could be causing the "Adrress already in use
exception" ?

Thanks,
Rk

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Problem starting or reseeding ofbiz - java.net.BindException: Address already in use

Andrew Sykes
Riessen,

Try using "netstat" to find out what could be using the port.
--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Problem starting or reseeding ofbiz - java.net.BindException: Address already in use

Brett
If you are running Linux you can also try:

ps -ef |grep java

or

ps -ef |grep ofbiz

Sometimes there are processes that are not closed down properly after a restart that are still accessing a particular port.

Brett

On 8/29/05, Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Riessen,

Try using "netstat" to find out what could be using the port.
--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Problem starting or reseeding ofbiz - java.net.BindException: Address already in use

Riessen Kinghorne
Thanks. Netstat doesn't show any of the ports I assigned to ofbiz(http,
https, ajp13) being used by anything. Are there other ports or sockets
that ofbiz might be having a conflict on?

--- Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Riessen,
>
> Try using "netstat" to find out what could be using the port.
> --
> Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> Sykes Development Ltd

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Problem starting or reseeding ofbiz - java.net.BindException: Address already in use

Riessen Kinghorne
Thanks. Querying the processes doesn't show any of the ports I set being
in
use

--- Brett Palmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you are running Linux you can also try:
>
> ps -ef |grep java
>
> or
>
> ps -ef |grep ofbiz
>

> Sometimes there are processes that are not closed down properly after a
> restart that are still accessing a particular port.
>
> Brett
>
> On 8/29/05, Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Riessen,
> >
> > Try using "netstat" to find out what could be using the port.
> > --
> > Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> > Sykes Development Ltd

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Problem starting or reseeding ofbiz - java.net.BindException: Address already in use

Hi Riessen,

yes there are some other ports.
My suggestion is to read the following document (provided by Undersun
Consulting):

http://www.undersunconsulting.com/static/OFBizBasicProductionSetup.pdf

Jacopo

Riessen Kinghorne wrote:

> Thanks. Netstat doesn't show any of the ports I assigned to ofbiz(http,
> https, ajp13) being used by anything. Are there other ports or sockets
> that ofbiz might be having a conflict on?
>
> --- Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Riessen,
>>
>>Try using "netstat" to find out what could be using the port.
>>--
>>Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
>>Sykes Development Ltd

[OFBiz] Users - MySQL / DatabaseUtil.java incompatability

Andrew Sykes

We are trying to migrate a MySQL DB using the Check/Update Database
functionality of webtools.

Unfortunately the SQL hardcoded into DatabaseUtil.java is not compatible
with MySQL.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Is there already a way around it?

Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Problem starting or reseeding ofbiz - java.net.BindException: Address already in use

Riessen Kinghorne
Thanks. I've alreday read it and most any other document I could find
online

--- Jacopo Cappellato <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Riessen,
>
> yes there are some other ports.
> My suggestion is to read the following document (provided by Undersun
> Consulting):
>
> http://www.undersunconsulting.com/static/OFBizBasicProductionSetup.pdf
>
> Jacopo
>
> Riessen Kinghorne wrote:
> > Thanks. Netstat doesn't show any of the ports I assigned to
> ofbiz(http,
> > https, ajp13) being used by anything. Are there other ports or sockets
> > that ofbiz might be having a conflict on?
> >
> > --- Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >>Riessen,
> >>
> >>Try using "netstat" to find out what could be using the port.
> >>--
> >>Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> >>Sykes Development Ltd

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Problem starting or reseeding ofbiz - java.net.BindException: Address already in use

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Riessen,

are you sure that the following ports are not used:
JRMP 1099
IIOP 2000
BSH 9989, 9990
?

Jacopo

Riessen Kinghorne wrote:

> Thanks. I've alreday read it and most any other document I could find
> online
>
> --- Jacopo Cappellato <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Hi Riessen,
>>
>>yes there are some other ports.
>>My suggestion is to read the following document (provided by Undersun
>>Consulting):
>>
>>http://www.undersunconsulting.com/static/OFBizBasicProductionSetup.pdf
>>
>>Jacopo
>>
>>Riessen Kinghorne wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks. Netstat doesn't show any of the ports I assigned to
>>
>>ofbiz(http,
>>
>>>https, ajp13) being used by anything. Are there other ports or sockets
>>>that ofbiz might be having a conflict on?

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Problem starting or reseeding ofbiz - java.net.BindException: Address already in use

Brett
Are you running ofbiz on Windows or Linux?  I've had problems on Windows sometimes where a process gets started but is not killed properly.  I usually then have to reboot my machine.  On Linux/UNIX is can usually see the process and kill it.

Also, are you running any virus protection software on Windows like Norton Anti-Virus?  This has also caused problems for me and I often have to disable Norton's system protection while I am developing ofbiz.

Brett

On 8/29/05, Riessen Kinghorne <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks. Querying the processes doesn't show any of the ports I set being
in
use

--- Brett Palmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you are running Linux you can also try:
>
> ps -ef |grep java
>
> or
>
> ps -ef |grep ofbiz
>

> Sometimes there are processes that are not closed down properly after a
> restart that are still accessing a particular port.
>
> Brett
>
> On 8/29/05, Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Riessen,
> >
> > Try using "netstat" to find out what could be using the port.
> > --
> > Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> > Sykes Development Ltd

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Problem starting or reseeding ofbiz - java.net.BindException: Address already in use

Riessen Kinghorne
I'm running it on a Linux server. RedHat 3.

--- Brett Palmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are you running ofbiz on Windows or Linux? I've had problems on Windows
> sometimes where a process gets started but is not killed properly. I
> usually
> then have to reboot my machine. On Linux/UNIX is can usually see the
> process
> and kill it.
>
> Also, are you running any virus protection software on Windows like
> Norton
> Anti-Virus? This has also caused problems for me and I often have to
> disable
> Norton's system protection while I am developing ofbiz.
>
> Brett
>
> On 8/29/05, Riessen Kinghorne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks. Querying the processes doesn't show any of the ports I set
> being
> > in
> > use
> >
> > --- Brett Palmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > If you are running Linux you can also try:
> > >
> > > ps -ef |grep java
> > >
> > > or
> > >
> > > ps -ef |grep ofbiz
> > >

> > > Sometimes there are processes that are not closed down properly
> after a
> > > restart that are still accessing a particular port.
> > >
> > > Brett

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Problem starting or reseeding ofbiz -java.net.BindException: Address already in use

>Are you running ofbiz on Windows or Linux?  I've had problems on Windows sometimes where a process gets started but is not killed properly.  I usually then have to reboot my machine.  On >Linux/UNIX is can usually see the process and kill it.

For this kind of problem on Windows I strongly recommend the use of  http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html (Since NT 4)

Jacques

Are you running ofbiz on Windows or Linux?  I've had problems on Windows sometimes where a process gets started but is not killed properly.  I usually then have to reboot my machine.  On Linux/UNIX is can usually see the process and kill it.

Also, are you running any virus protection software on Windows like Norton Anti-Virus?  This has also caused problems for me and I often have to disable Norton's system protection while I am developing ofbiz.

Brett

On 8/29/05, Riessen Kinghorne <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks. Querying the processes doesn't show any of the ports I set being
in
use

--- Brett Palmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you are running Linux you can also try:
>
> ps -ef |grep java
>
> or
>
> ps -ef |grep ofbiz
>

> Sometimes there are processes that are not closed down properly after a
> restart that are still accessing a particular port.
>
> Brett
>
> On 8/29/05, Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Riessen,
> >
> > Try using "netstat" to find out what could be using the port.
> > --
> > Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> > Sykes Development Ltd

Re: [OFBiz] Users - MySQL / DatabaseUtil.java incompatability

Could you be more specific, which SQL there isn't MySQL compatible?

I made some recent updates to fix a few of these, they went into SVN
a few weeks ago. Anyway, let me know what you're running into.

-David

On Aug 29, 2005, at 4:51 PM, Andrew Sykes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are trying to migrate a MySQL DB using the Check/Update Database
> functionality of webtools.
>
> Unfortunately the SQL hardcoded into DatabaseUtil.java is not
> compatible
> with MySQL.
>
> Has anyone encountered this problem? Is there already a way around it?

> Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> Sykes Development Ltd

Re: [OFBiz] Users - MySQL / DatabaseUtil.java incompatability

Andrew Sykes
David,

ALTER TABLE <table_name> RENAME <old_col_name> to <new_column_name>
Is not valid

I hacked this to...
ALTER TABLE <table_name> CHANGE <old_col_name> <new_column_name>
<column_description>;

Which now works, but how compatible this would be with other DBs I have
no idea.

On a cursory glance I think there were others too but I'll have to get
back to you on those ones...
--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd