[OFBiz] Users - ProductFacility and InventoryItem

[OFBiz] Users - ProductFacility and InventoryItem

Fred Forester-2
ProductFacility and InventoryItem

Hi All,

When I bring up the Facility app it shows a list of InventoryItems however "View Inventory By Product" is looking for ProductFacility entities. Since I never

imported any I do not see a report. What are ProductFacility entities used for? Any reason why there should not be a similar form/report for just the InventoryItems?

Thanx
Fred Forester

Re: [OFBiz] Users - ProductFacility and InventoryItem

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Fred,

I've developed that report some time ago.

The ProductFacility entity is used to store information
about the warehouse management of every single product (minimum stock
quantity, reorder quantity etc...), and it should be used to effectively
manage a product in a warehouse.
So if a product is managed in a given warehouse (i.e. there are
inventory items of the product in the warehouse), then you should add a
ProductFacility entry for it.

I think this is the correct way to go: in the report, we don't want to
show inventory levels for products that are not managed in the warehouse
(that should be 0, if the system is set up correctly).

By the way the attached patch will allow you to see all the products;
apply it if you think that is important for you, however my suggestion
is to consider to use the ProductFacility entity.

Jacopo

invProd.zip (1K) Download Attachment

RE: [OFBiz] Users - ProductFacility and InventoryItem

Fred Forester-2

Hi Jacopo,

I created the ProductFacility entities so the report works now. I'll take a
look at the patch tomorrow.

Thanx
Fred Forester