[OFBiz] Users - Question about Bill Of Material

[OFBiz] Users - Question about Bill Of Material

Gan Chun Yee
Hi all,
I have this requirement from client about Bill Of
Material:

As we know that we can define what are the components
that produce a product. However, is it possible to
define  the substitution of the component so that if
the component is out of stock, then the substitute
inventory will be used.

Wish that there is anybody that can suggest an
alternative solution.

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Question about Bill Of Material

Si Chen-2
You can define a main bill-of-material using the system as it is now.

Then you can define ProductAssoc between the components as substitutes.

Next you'd just have to write a little code that when the the BOM
components are out of stock, you substitute them.  I think this would be
a nice feature - please send in a patch of this if you get to it.

Si

Gan Chun Yee wrote:

>Hi all,
>I have this requirement from client about Bill Of
>Material:
>
>As we know that we can define what are the components
>that produce a product. However, is it possible to
>define  the substitution of the component so that if
>the component is out of stock, then the substitute
>inventory will be used.
>
>Wish that there is anybody that can suggest an
>alternative solution.
>
>Thanks

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Question about Bill Of Material

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Gan,

do you need to perform the substitution automatically? If so, then Si's
suggestion is the right way to go.
If you can perform the substitution manually, just remember that you can
simply edit (add/remove components) a production run before confirming it.

Jacopo