[OFBiz] Users - Re: Cannot start OFBIZ

Brad Plies
Yes 1.4 works and David was right JDK 1.4 & 1.5 can coexist.  For anyone
interested here is the workaround:

JDK 1.5 installs to C:\Program Files\Java
JDK 1.4 installs to C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09

I have the usual global environment variable
JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_04
PATH includes %JAVA_HOME%\bin.
JAVA_HOME_OLD=C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09.

When working with ofbiz, I first run this little batch script.  I could,
I suppose, create a different user with a different JAVA_HOME instead.
SET JAVA_HOME=%JAVA_HOME_OLD%
SET
PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;%ANT_HOME%\bin;%JAVA_HOME%\bin
SET CLASSPATH=%JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib

Starts up just fine.

Now then, why are we prohibited from using 1.5?  Is it because of JOTM?

Thanks everyone,
Brad