[OFBiz] Users - Re: Comming back to Ofbiz

[OFBiz] Users - Re: Comming back to Ofbiz

dkey
BJFreeman wrote:

I would think that facility transfers would be the top level interactive
point, in ofbiz.

<-- This Is where I intended to start, but since thousands of employees
will be accessing this system to send the assets from point A to point B I
thought it easier to treat the asset as a product in the E-commerce app to
avoid creating too many compications for regular users and extensive
ammounts of roles as well. It would be just like shopping on the internet
I.E. little or no learning curve for the employees. Then I could push the
more complicated issues on to the 18 adminisrators and the transport
personnell.---->

<---- Sidenote: This company also hires or fires over 100 people per day
so I could then blacklist the fired, divert any assets sent by
non-existant personell to management for final approval. (still need to
hammer out the details of this one)----->

if you are writing the card reader driver, the simpilist would be a http
post to a URL

<-- Definitely agree now that I have read more on CORBA and RMI ! --->

the service (new) would then enter the data for transfer.
I assume the Mifare cards will say that the items were from or stored at
      a location. I also assume it has a unique ID that can be tracked.
so this is all passed to ofbiz

<--- Correct, the card would have a unique I.D. associating that card to a
specific transfer set and associate that number with the origin of the
assets to be transfered and a destination as well as the department and
person from whiich it came via users and roles, kind of like a large
shopping cart order with differing levels of permissions but only
"manager" and "user". ----->

The transport personnel would specify the destination, and a PO is created.

<---- I do not really need a P.O., just a record of the transfer that
reports can be generated from and potentially billed to the seperate
departments ---->

<--- My idea was to generate the facilities the traditional way in OfBiz
and they would be a selection for the person sending the asset in
e-commerce as a destination, their role would define the origin facility
---->

when the Items arrived then are received by ofbiz. and the Facility
receiving will be invoiced.

Need to review the specifics for an accurate evaluation, but you get the
idea.

<---- I most definitely get the Idea and I agree your approach would be
the correct way to do this, my only concern is the learning curve for all
the employees and the turnover rate (over 50,000 employees and the 100 per
daty turnover), so I hoped the e-commerce front end could be used since
damn near everyone has shopped online unless you have been in a cave for
the last five years.--->

Please advise if I am still barking up the wrong tree please :)

Thanks for the help, you have always come to my rescue with my wacky ideas.

Dale

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: Comming back to Ofbiz

BJ Freeman
We have two different operations to speak of:
The personnel interaction
and
the ofbiz operations.

I was mostly speaking of ofbiz operations.

from a user point of view, their personal ID card would do login and
access. From an Admin point of view a Add, Delete employee: using the ID
card or manually would be added. this is all new code that calls the
underlying code already in place.
Removing the card would end the interaction. Seems pretty simple from
that point of view.

I am not clear on what the transportation personell have as far as if
the Items are bar coded, or if they have manifest that has barcode on it.

What I see is they insert the card, select the destination from a
dropdown box, then scan the items or the Mifar card. how this is
accomplished still need to be determined.

All the processes I stated below would be automatic and unseen by the
transportation.

When they arrive they put the User Card and the Mifar is scanned for
unique ID. The process in ofbiz then automatically does the receiving
and invoicing.

Your Terminals would be Apache driven HTML and there would be one ofbiz
that they access. the interaction would be thru https: using xml posts.
ofbiz would return XML responses. All the terminals on boot up would
access a FTP or zip file that would then update the terminal for Updates.

The Admin would insert a card, select new or delete employee from the
terminal. Enter the name and other particulars that are sent to ofbiz.
This keeps the Card reading and Mifar card processes simple.

This requires a lot of coding of services to implement the automation.
Since this is not considered ofbiz user subject, contact me offline if
you have more to discuss.

[hidden email] sent the following on 9/24/05 3:03 PM: