[OFBiz] Users - Re: Re: emails not sent and not rescheduled

[OFBiz] Users - Re: Re: emails not sent and not rescheduled

Jan Krueger
Hi David, everybody,

I added the debug messages and had the error again.
The problem occurs in the following snippet(from
org.ofbiz.content.email.EmailServices.sendMail()):

Debug.logInfo("connecting email...", module);
if (!useSmtpAuth) {
    trans.connect();
} else {
    trans.connect(sendVia, authUser, authPass);
}
Debug.logInfo("sending email...", module);

The log has the "connecting email..." entry and then nothing more.
As I said, this doesn't happen always. Anybody knows, why there's sometimes
no connection possible?

If I have to live with this problem, can someone pls. give me an idea on how
to reschedule the Job and mark the first one as done?

Thanks a lot,
Jan

On Aug 4, 2005, at 2:26 AM, Jan Krueger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We created our own ecommerce part in the ofbiz (called eportal).
> Within this, we have an emailing functionality which schedules the
> sending
> of an email (<i>dispatcher.runSync("sendGenericNotificationEmail",
> mailData);</i>).
> We often use this to send a notification to an employee and a
> confirmation
> to a customer right after another.
>
> Now sometimes one of the emails is not sent.
> According to the logfile,
> <li>the email is scheduled (<i>04 Aug 2005 09:27:56,071 INFO
> GenericAsyncEngine [PoolThread-2][]: Persisted job queued :
> INFO
> PersistedServiceJob [Thread-11][]:
> org.ofbiz.service.job.PersistedServiceJob@ba0dfc -- Next runtime:
> -1</i>)
> - but it is not sent! And it is not rescheduled.
> In the JobList, this emailjob is shown with the correct start time,
> but no
> finish time.
>
> As far as I understood the problem, the job is scheduled and runs
> without
> errormessage, therefore no rescheduling. But for some reason, the
> email is
> not sent.
>
> Unfortunately, this error can not be reproduced.
> The PC we use is very busy (approx. 90% load). Can this be a reason?
>
> Desperate Regards,
> Jan
>
> PS: Environment: OS: Windows 2000, Ofbiz version from March 2004

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: Re: emails not sent and not rescheduled

David E. Jones

This issue should probably be put into Jira. Thanks for reporting it
Jan.

-David