[OFBiz] Users - Require new user approval

[OFBiz] Users - Require new user approval

Sam-17
Is it possible to make ecommerce users requesting an account not actually get an
account turned on until is approved by an administrator?

Thanks -
Sam

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Require new user approval

Sam-12
Hi Sam,

I am new to Ofbiz but I am pretty sure there is an option in the Catalog-->Store--> "
Require Customer Role" that will work for you.

The account can be created by the new user but you would have to assign the new account the role of  [CUSTOMER] (Party tab) before they have access to the webstore.

-Sam

Sam wrote:
Is it possible to make ecommerce users requesting an account not actually get an
account turned on until is approved by an administrator?

Thanks -
Sam

[OFBiz] Users - Re: Users - Require new user approval

Sam-17
> Hi Sam,
> I am new to Ofbiz but I am pretty sure there is an option in the
> Catalog-->Store--> "Require
> Customer Role" that will
> work for you.
> The account can be created by the new user but you would have to assign
> the new account the role of  [CUSTOMER] (Party tab) before they have
> access to the webstore.

Hi Sam (good name),

Thanks, that seems like the right track.  However, although I see the option you
are referring to when I look at the OfBiz demo on ofbiz.org, I do not see the
same option on the system I'm running - "Use Primary Email Username" is the last
field I see.

Any idea what might cause this option to appear?

Thanks again -
Sam

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: Users - Require new user approval

David E. Jones

The online demo (the OpenTravelSystem one I'm assuming) does not have
the latest code, and this was only added a few weeks ago. Get the
latest from SVN for your explorations and you'll save yourself a lot
of pain.

See: http://svn.ofbiz.org

-David